Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Another article - childcare plan will lead to tears before bedtime

When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes sarah707, AgentTink, lisbet, Ripeberry, SYLVIA liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She covers it all well doesn't she? I think she has actually talked to a childminder first!

Not sure I'd allow running in the house though... and Ofsted would want to see a fireguard!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    She covers it all well doesn't she? I think she has actually talked to a childminder first!

Not sure I'd allow running in the house though... and Ofsted would want to see a fireguard!
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

That is very good - wonder if the Government will actually listen!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that covers it very well without the dramatics of many other articles. Clear and to the point - increased numbers will not lead to reduced fees.

I agree with you Sarah about the picture - the children would be outside running round and I'd either be joining in, or standing taking photos, certainly not holding my head in my hands in defeat

I did have one mum ask when I would be reducing my fees. I pointed out that with 3 yr old funding and 70% tax credits she actually pays me (out of her own pocket) £5 a day for her son's care. That includes food, outings, craft resources etc. I told her she was getting a bargain and perhaps I should put the fee up! She also gets another 6 hours funded elsewhere, so for £10 a week she gets 24 hours childcare. Childcare certainly isn't expensive for all parents.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I agree with you Sarah about the picture - the children would be outside running round and I'd either be joining in, or standing taking photos, certainly not holding my head in my hands in defeat
    Not without wine and chocolate in each hand

The article was very concise and to the point. No misleading ratios etc.

I would like to see an article asking where all the jobs are coming from for the increase in childcare

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Fussy Elmo re: jobs. I have 2 parents who have lost their jobs and frantically searching for alternatives (which I sincerely hope will be soon or else I can see I will be losing 2 more children!).

I also had a dad jokingly ask me for a 2 for 1 deal on childcare (his wife has just had a baby). I had to remind him I am not a supermarket!!!

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like