On my soapbox again!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Penny1959 Guest

Default On my soapbox again!

Now that I have had time to reflect on things in relation to Gove;s letter to Wilshaw (as in Nursery World yesterday) I have put my thoughts on my blog for those that are interested and want to look

http://****************************/2...-deregulation/

Oh and I have tweeted the link to Nursery World, EYE magazine, and DfE - and Truss and my MP

Penny
    Last edited by Penny1959; 07-08-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: more information

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I rather like your soapbox!

Not being on twitter myself, I've shared your blog on facebook x

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HI Penny

Mmmm Michael Gove is not really telling us much at all. Like you say we really need to know what the proposals are - it could be that we would be happy with them (let us hope so).

Think it is a case of watch this space!

Cx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The frustrating thing is we are not being told anything

These changes needn't necessarily be all bad, but how do we know if we're not given any information? No wonder panic is spreading.

I'm afraid I'm getting to the point where I'm giving up worrying about it. I believe the powers that be have already decided what is going to happen and nothing we say or do will make any difference I'll start to panic again once they actually announce something definite!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do agree - looks like the decisions have already been made without regard to anyone in the early years profession.

The letter does refer to deregulation of 'the early years sector' - so it makes me think that this means nurseries etc as well.

All very concerning - and it feels like it is all going on behind closed doors.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mum26 View Post
    Yes, I do agree - looks like the decisions have already been made without regard to anyone in the early years profession.

The letter does refer to deregulation of 'the early years sector' - so it makes me think that this means nurseries etc as well.

All very concerning - and it feels like it is all going on behind closed doors.
    feeling the same here!

i emailed my mp last night saying the same things and that we just want to KNOW. however, i am just carrying on, doing my job, the same way as i always have done, as i'm begining to think everything is already planned.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sometimes think that powers that be scaremonger then come up with something of a lesser degree and then we are all grateful that is wasn't so bad after all. Local council once suggested council tax going up 8% then they only put it up about 4% so we were all relieved thing is if they had suggested 4% in beginning we might have got upset about it but because they had suggested 8% we were happy with 4%.

Cx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Sometimes think that powers that be scaremonger then come up with something of a lesser degree and then we are all grateful that is wasn't so bad after all. Local council once suggested council tax going up 8% then they only put it up about 4% so we were all relieved thing is if they had suggested 4% in beginning we might have got upset about it but because they had suggested 8% we were happy with 4%.

Cx
    lol Christine, I've thought that all along!

I remember a post on here a few months back discussing an increase in Ofsted fees. All that had been mentioned was that it was expensive to inspect chilminders. All of a sudden there were posts saying "well, I'd be happy to pay £200 a year if it means we stay registered with Ofsted". Nowhere had it actually been said that the fee would be going up, but here were people almost offering to pay £200 instead of £15!

If Ofsted had then turned round and said they'd put the fee up to £100 we'd all have been "yay, that's fantastic. We were expecting to pay £200!", although that hadn't actually been proposed!

I think they like to give us just enough info to make us think everything is awful, then we're grateful if it's anyway better than our worst fears!

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post

Cx
    You are right Christine - they seem to think we don't have a brain cell between us - and do scaremonger.

They also claim to consult - when all we get is closed questions and opportunity to express an opinion on very minor points - while the major decisions have already been made.

Penny

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just received my weekly updates from CYP!

http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/107...ed-inspections