A response from the Labour Party
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Penny1959 Guest

Default A response from the Labour Party

I sent this request so long ago that I had forgot that I had sent it!!

Anyway a response from the Labour Party as follows

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Government's proposals regarding childcare provision.

Labour recognises the need to look again at the cost of childcare, which is why we established a commission earlier this year to examine the best ideas from other countries such as Sweden and Denmark.

Parents are facing increasingly tough choices when it comes to managing childcare and returning to work; costs are rising, places are falling, and the support they receive from government through tax credits being slashed.

When assessing how to make the system work for parents, the quality of childcare must remain at the forefront of the Government’s concerns. Labour ‘s concern is that with Sure Start children's centres closing and the Government favouring deregulation, that quality childcare could be at risk in the drive to save money.

Labour will look carefully at the proposals that emerge from this commission whilst continuing to hold this Tory-led Government to account in the interests of hard working families.

Kind Regards

Frontbench Communications Team
    On behalf of the Labour Party
    39 Victoria Street | London | SW1A 0AA
    www.labour.org.uk

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

I have just received exactly the same e-mail!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jumpinjen Guest

Me too - and I e-mailed Ed about his childminder/nanny and am not impressed with the one size fits all babble I received back - pah!

Jen x

Penny1959 Guest

Seems they are all as bad as each other

ET sends same email / letter
    MPs send same emails / letter

Labour party sends same emails

even the PM office sends same letters

Maybe I will write to them and suggest they could save loads of money by having a sacking all the letter / email writers, and issuing ONE official statement via their websites / national press.

What annoys me is that SOMEONE is paid to come up with these responses and send to all concerned (MPs) so that they can send to us! May be we should cut out the middle man and also get rid of all MP's

Sorry I am a tad cross - I like many of you spend hours writting personal emails and letters - they WHO ARE PAID to represent us just send bog standard replies.

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole bunch of them are......wallies
    What hope for the UK ? let alone childminders.
    Carol xx