Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Only just seen this
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/165

Sir Alan Meale is my MP - wrote to him a couple of weeks ago and was having a bit of a moan today because I had not heard from him but he has so obviously done something about it!
    Fantastic Christine. Lets hope others follow your MPs excelllent example. Not heard anything from my MP yet.

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

that is brilliant
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Only just seen this
    http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/165

Sir Alan Meale is my MP - wrote to him a couple of weeks ago and was having a bit of a moan today because I had not heard from him but he has so obviously done something about it!
    When I saw it was Alan Meale I wondered if he was your MP - well done Christine!

My MP is conservative so not expecting a similar response

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

i sent a letter to my MP (labour) and regrettably i have no reply, very disappointed

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have received a message from someone from my MP's office saying she has to follow protocol and can't respond unless I send my postal address to show I am in her constituency! I have since done that but stil not heard, although I sent her the link to the parliamentary notice

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marleymoo View Post
    i sent a letter to my MP (labour) and regrettably i have no reply, very disappointed
    They are duty bound to reply to you - chase them up reminding them of their duty to respond to every communication sent by a constituency member
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My MP, Jeremy Corbyn is there!

Hx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

have emailed link to my MP ... will watch this space!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just emailed my MP so the more we can contact the better. I want to stay with ofsted as the devil you know is better than the one you don't

Lady Haha Guest

I had a reply from my conservative MP today from my email dated 25th May.

He says:

I do believe it is important to make sure that good quality childcare is available to all, with as little bureaucracy as possible. It is also important that the inspection process is more efficient and more effective and that it provides greater value for money. Given the cost of childcare to families, I think that it is always a good idea to look at what alternatives to the current system might work better.

I understand that at present the government has not brought forward any concrete proposals, but that research has been commissioned to see what lessons might be learned from the Dutch model, and how applicable its principles are to the UK. If there are flaws in the Netherlands, as you say, I am sure that this research will reveal them.

Still prattling on about cheaper childcare for parents! Now the only way I can see that they can give cheaper childcare to parents without us having to drop our prices is if the government covers more of the cost themselves. Maybe this could be the way they are heading? If they can find a cheaper way to inspect and regulate childminders that will save money that they can maybe pass on in childcare tax credits? If that were the case, then I could see their point, but I highly doubt they are looking to give families MORE money!

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

e mailed my MP too ..

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I emailed my MP Tony Cunningham and have had a reply.He is writing to sarah Teather at the department for education to pass on our concerns.
    He said himself and his labour colleagues are apposed to these proposals ...i'll post again when he replies
    He sent 2 sides of A4 with loads of stuff on so ill try and scan it in and post it (well ill ask DH to do it to be honest..tecnophobic )

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    I emailed my MP Tony Cunningham and have had a reply.He is writing to sarah Teather at the department for education to pass on our concerns.
    He said himself and his labour colleagues are apposed to these proposals ...i'll post again when he replies
    He sent 2 sides of A4 with loads of stuff on so ill try and scan it in and post it (well ill ask DH to do it to be honest..tecnophobic )
    Looking forward to seeing his response

Penny

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i emailed the link to my MP and got a letter back today saying that she doesn't sign early day motions! however, she has written to micheal gove and will let me know his response.

she has replied now to 2 letters and an email i think she is aware of the issue!

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i emailed the link to my MP and got a letter back today saying that she doesn't sign early day motions! however, she has written to micheal gove and will let me know his response.

she has replied now to 2 letters and an email i think she is aware of the issue!
    If we tell then enough they should eventually get the message. And that is a good response rate from an MP.

Penny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12