Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol M View Post
    I was talking to my neighbour about this. She is an Area People Manager for ASDA. She is going to take flyers round her stores and spread the word as alot of her staff use childminders and she knows how important my business is to me!
    Carol xx
    brilliant news - well done you
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    Well I suggest we all bombard Tim Farrow

tim.farrow@*************
    And what about the infomation line
    info@*************-

Just ask the question - Will NCMA be supporting the E petition and put the link.

As far as I know anyone can email using that email address - you do not need to be a member.

Penny

Penny

Penny1959 Guest

A big thank you to Carol and her neighbour for the Asda connection

Thank you very much to Childcare.co.uk

And thank you to everyone on the forum for all your efforts - if you are just reading this - because not been on forum for awhile - please help us spread the new about the petition

Penny

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just emailed my MP - David Cameron, he responded with a letter when I emailed him a few years ago when facing redundancy while on maternity leave, I hope to get the same now, although somehow I doubt it!

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have now emailed Scott Milk (Milkforfree) and they said that they will support us and promote the petition.

I have also emailed my NCMA support co-ordinator to see if they are aware of the petition, I will keep you posted on the reply.

NCMA have their own lobbying campaign going

http://www.*************/news_and_even...gn_update.aspx

and they have received some national coverage (e.g. the Guardian, radio 4) and trade coverage (e.g. Nursery World). I have also asked if they have any templates for involving the local press. I will let you know!

Maria xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had a very supportive reply to my email from one of the directors of Morton Michel insurance company

We have several concerns about what is being mooted and will be raising these with Liz Truss shortly.

Obviously, we are not a trade association, so we can’t presume to speak on behalf of our policyholders on this matter, who may hold a wide variety of views on the subjects being discussed. But we will certainly be publicising the plans in our next newsletter and inviting comment from our childminders.

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just been looking at de-regulation and found that on the 11th and 12th of June an Early Day Motion no 165 was tabled in Parliament, I don't know how to do the link sorry, Primary sponser Alan Meale, sponsors, Martin Caton, Jeremy Carbin, Jim Dobbin, Glenda Jackson Jim Shannon and an extra bit by Dennis Skinner stating that they do not agree with de-regulation and their reasons why. There is no guarantee that the motion will be listened to but at least it shows that some politicians are on our side and it might be worth while contacting them.
    Teacake2

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

oh that is interesting.

I would be interested in that link though - can you email it to me? PM me for my email addy and i'll take a look

Thanks debs
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is interesting, here is the link
    http://www.parliament.uk/business/pu...direction=Desc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12