Penny1959 Guest

Keep up the good work everyone - fab idea about the flyers desiderata

Just checked and up to 2221 signatures

Target for today - 3500?

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

When we get past 3000 we will have acheived more responses than the NCMA consultation - so that will be a good first milestone.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Penny1959 Guest

Just noticed that Charlie Rice - ex ncma - has signed

Penny

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we need 100,000? or is that just the maximum that the survey will take? Apparently there are 67,000 childminders out there so with them and their families and minded families 100,000 in theory should be achievable - but none of my family live in the UK - I'll get DH on to it when he come home tomorrow.
    Celest

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

100000 is the magic number to get something debated in parliment. But to be honest any significant number objecting to these plans should in theory make people sit up and take notice - for MP's to perhaps start questioning it rather than saying yes to any changes proposed. What we are trying to do is cause rather large waves to say 'Stop! you have a very good workforce here, include them in your discussions, we have idea's and a vested interest'

Keep doing what you are doing everyone - don't forget to remind people again on facebook - it can take up to 7 times before someone responds to something - so shamelessly tell people at every opportunity.

I'm on a course tomorrow I shall be canvassing support during my lunch break - going to print off some leaflets this afternoon to take with me.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post

Keep doing what you are doing everyone - don't forget to remind people again on facebook - it can take up to 7 times before someone responds to something - so shamelessly tell people at every opportunity.

I'm on a course tomorrow I shall be canvassing support during my lunch break - going to print off some leaflets this afternoon to take with me.
    i'm telling everyone i meet, if i have time to mention it! a prospective mum came round today and was horrified by the thoughts!

please, does someone have a leaflet/flyer that can be put on the forum that can be downloaded and printed off? i'll then distribute them. i just can't write anything concise enough!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

100000 is the magic number to get something debated in parliment. But to be honest any significant number objecting to these plans should in theory make people sit up and take notice - for MP's to perhaps start questioning it rather than saying yes to any changes proposed. What we are trying to do is cause rather large waves to say 'Stop! you have a very good workforce here, include them in your discussions, we have idea's and a vested interest'

I know the cause and the reason for the petition and how it works - I just wondered if 100,000 was needed before it could be considered in Parliament and believe me I have Mrs Truss hiding under a rock at the moment - I am bombarding her with requests for her rational behind her report at every opportunity to which she replies - "have you read the report" - she did suggest the two tiered system to me very early in the week but hasn't replied as yet - how she sees that working.
    Celest

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    I know the cause and the reason for the petition and how it works - I just wondered if 100,000 was needed before it could be considered in Parliament and believe me I have Mrs Truss hiding under a rock at the moment - I am bombarding her with requests for her rational behind her report at every opportunity to which she replies - "have you read the report" - she did suggest the two tiered system to me very early in the week but hasn't replied as yet - how she sees that working.
    I don't know the answer to that yet, it depends how much media interest we get from our side - generally speaking the media plays a big part in what becomes topical in politics - and Penny & I are working on that with Change at the moment.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i'm telling everyone i meet, if i have time to mention it! a prospective mum came round today and was horrified by the thoughts!

please, does someone have a leaflet/flyer that can be put on the forum that can be downloaded and printed off? i'll then distribute them. i just can't write anything concise enough!

I'll design something up after lunch and put it on here as a pdf for people to print off. xx

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Campaign Leaflet - please print and distribute.

I should point out that it is aimed at other childminders - you can use it for parents and families and people in the street - but you will need to point out that point 2 is for childminders.

NOTE BY PAULINE: For those who cannot download from here, the campaign leaflets are also on the free downloads: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freere...downloads.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pauline; 25-05-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: to add info about the other downloadable version

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I should point out that it is aimed at other childminders - you can use it for parents and families and people in the street - but you will need to point out that point 2 is for childminders.

You forgot 4) Come to the Childminding Forum if you want to discuss it
    Pauline x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

brilliant UF. just did a newsletter but will use your leaflet instead
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    You forgot 4) Come to the Childminding Forum if you want to discuss it
    oh ******! sorry Paulene -

we will get a way to get the forum mentioned - don't worry.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Right Paulene I have added to point 3 to come and discuss xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Right Paulene I have added to point 3 to come and discuss xx
    Oh bless you, I was only teasing

I will add the leaflet to the free downloads because non members/very new members will not be able to download it from this thread.
    Pauline x

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

brilliant x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Done: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freere...downloads.html

I've also added it to the post with your download.
    Pauline x

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Oh bless you, I was only teasing

I will add the leaflet to the free downloads because non members/very new members will not be able to download it from this thread.
    Thank you Pauline - it is very kind of you and good that all forum users will be able to access it.

Penny

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Just thought you'd like to know that I had emails from our development workers today with links to your petition urging us to sign! Word is getting out!!!!!
    Georgina x

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to mention that deregulate has a space in the word, in the 2nd line of the first paragraph.

Also, I have had a couple of emails from ***** telling me some friends have signed the petition. However some other friends from FB have told me in comments on FB that they have signed, but no such email confirmation has come from *****. Are they lying to me ?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast