Petition - Stop Deregulation!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Lady Haha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    Ive received a reply from my MP Joan Walley expressing her concern about the possible situation and she has written to Sarah Teather MP about her concerns. She will then write to me again. One thing that has made me think is, how can deregulisation lead to cheaper childcare? Whoever is inspecting me will make no difference to how much I charge. Am I missing a point here somewhere?
    I think this is where the higher ratios come in. If you can care for more children you can supposedly charge less for each one......

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Done today
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

mar 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed it yesterday,and sent a group email to all the other childminders in my area.Has anyone posted on Mumsnet and *****?

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Tetti - It probably has - but don't let that stop you from posting again. Seriously if everyone posted on ***** and mumsnet they might start registering it as something they keep seeing and MIGHT just look into it a bit more rather than dismissing it. Post where ever and whenever as many times as you can. best wishes
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

mar 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a thread on Mumsnet,but only 23 posters...not great :/
    It is a very influential site,so if this petition could get highlighted,that would be great.

mar 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Just emailed them,let's see if I'll get a reply.

mar 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got this response after emailing Mumsnet

Thanks very much for your email about your petition regarding childminders being deregulated; it sounds like an interesting issue, and we will forward your mail to our Campaigns team to see whether it's something they could consider taking on.

However, we don’t really 'do' editorial content of this sort on Mumsnet (most of our content is generated from our users' posts on our talkboards), and we also have a policy of not encouraging threads specifically about individual e-petitions on our boards, as our members tend to see such posts as spam.

However, you're welcome to start a thread about this issue – without the link to the petition – on our talkboard; it's perhaps one way to discover whether your campaign is something that our members would be interested in. [[Perhaps suggest the appropriate topic area or Local]] You have to be a member to post, but it's free and easy to sign up.

Thanks again for contacting us,

Best wishes
    Toni
    MNHQ

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, already done it and share it. Non living UK persons can also sign the petition? If yes I have some friends back in Portugal that don't mind increasing the numbers.
    Tiago Cid Maia

mar 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so,but I read somewhere that the more people based in the UK that sings,the better,as it is an issue affecting the childminders and parents living here.
    I emailed my local MP Lynne Featherstone (Lib Dem) this afternoon,not sure if anyone else already has,but the more of us who contact out local MP's the better.The thought of this proposition actually going through fills me with absolute dread,the consequences would be devastating.
    I for one would certainly like to continue to be inspected by Ofsted as it gives our profession the credibility that it so deserves,I also would not like for an agency to take control of how I run my business.I have spent 6 years building it up,I have a great reputation locally,simnply because I,like every other childminder puts the need to the children first,whereas many nursery settings are simply money motivated (I know some local nurseries that charge up to £90/day !)
    And to pay an agency 10% of my earnings,that is beyond a joke,as a single parent childminder,that is money that I cannot afford to lose of my already meagre income .I cannot believe they did not even think of discussing this proposal without asking for any input from us childminders and parents first.But then again,that's this government for you....

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed and shared.
    thisisthebestforum

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackandsparkly View Post
    I think this is where the higher ratios come in. If you can care for more children you can supposedly charge less for each one......
    I have the same question.
    thisisthebestforum

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

NCMA now have a link under the members area for the petition - My Voice - Invidual Inspection Matters - at the bottom.

Hopefully anyone stumbling across it will sign.

The e newsletter goes out end of this week and it will also be in there as well.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    NCMA now have a link under the members area for the petition - My Voice - Invidual Inspection Matters - at the bottom.

The e newsletter goes out end of this week and it will also be in there as well.

good news.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post

yes it came through on NCMA email

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I really don't understand what is going on here? Could someone explain in simple terms please?

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    Sorry, I really don't understand what is going on here? Could someone explain in simple terms please?
    Hello

In basic terms the government are looking to save money

One way they are considering is major changes to the regulation of childminders.

This WILL impact on our businesses

we may not be able to be self employed - and instead become part of an agency who dictate what we do

We may no longer have individual inspections - please not this does not mean can do what we like - will still be 'rules' and paperwork

We may have to pay 10% or more of income to cover the costs of the changes / agencies

We have set up a petition to urge the government to fully consult and to consider the consequenes of their actions

http://www.*****/petitions/uk-g...e-childminders

Penny

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    Hello

In basic terms the government are looking to save money

One way they are considering is major changes to the regulation of childminders.

This WILL impact on our businesses

we may not be able to be self employed - and instead become part of an agency who dictate what we do

We may no longer have individual inspections - please not this does not mean can do what we like - will still be 'rules' and paperwork

We may have to pay 10% or more of income to cover the costs of the changes / agencies

We have set up a petition to urge the government to fully consult and to consider the consequenes of their actions

http://www.*****/petitions/uk-g...e-childminders

Penny
    Thanks for explaining to me in simple terms

23/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed it

23/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    Ive received a reply from my MP Joan Walley expressing her concern about the possible situation and she has written to Sarah Teather MP about her concerns. She will then write to me again. One thing that has made me think is, how can deregulisation lead to cheaper childcare? Whoever is inspecting me will make no difference to how much I charge. Am I missing a point here somewhere?
    Also if people are not regulated surely you will have houses crammed full of children not being stimulated and parents being charged the same prices?! I cant see how this is going to work and I feel very worried about the safeguarding of children for the future if this is going to be the case!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've signed it but it won't let me share it on FB for some reason

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast