Registered Childminder since
    reg apr
    Non childminder member
    reg childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

signed it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    Campaign Leaflet - please print and distribute.

I should point out that it is aimed at other childminders - you can use it for parents and families and people in the street - but you will need to point out that point 2 is for childminders.

NOTE BY PAULINE: For those who cannot download from here, the campaign leaflets are also on the free downloads: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freere...downloads.html
    Thank you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are so gonna hit 3,000 today!!! xx
    xx

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3001 and still growing

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGiggles View Post
    We are so gonna hit 3,000 today!!! xx
    We have

Just passed the 3000

Keep going

Thank you everyone from me and Debbie

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    We have

Just passed the 3000

Keep going

Thank you everyone from me and Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed
    Jane xxx

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Just share on my wedding planning forum.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a very productive day today

I attended a playworker training day and with the LA blessing I was able to give a campaign leaflet to all the childminders and playworkers in attendance. There were around 50 of them in the room. The first 3 childminders I spoke to had already signed the petition, done the survey and were this weekend writing to MP's.

I then had the opportunity to talk with one of the playworker people - she knows alot of people and also works for CACHE - she said she had already seen the petition as it was emailed around CACHE yesterday - she is going to let as many people know about it as well.

I then had the opportunity to speak to another playworker person - she works for YMCA and also knows the person who runs the 0-19 forum who links up with vast qty of people. She is going to support the cause by telling as many people in YMCA and she will email me the chair of the 0-19 forum email address so that I can contact her personally.

Then the first playworker I spoke to gave me an opportunity to address the group of people I was working with (12 people) and tell them why they should sign the petition - they all nodded and seemed to be on board.

Oh and I put it on my OU forum as well - we are having a guest forum this week - so all the different tutor groups for the whole course will have seen the link and people have posted to say they have signed.

I infiltrated all the big CM groups on Facebook and posted the link - in addition to the work some of the ladies had already done, some had no presence in there - so they do now

More of the same please loL!
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Apr2011
    Post Thanks / Like

signed up!

Sept 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just signed

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I've signed too. Hx

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed you have had a very productive day, I bet you were thrilled at being able to get the message across to so many.
    I shall be spreading the word next week at my LA childminder forum

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    I have had a very productive day today

I attended a playworker training day and with the LA blessing I was able to give a campaign leaflet to all the childminders and playworkers in attendance. There were around 50 of them in the room. The first 3 childminders I spoke to had already signed the petition, done the survey and were this weekend writing to MP's.

I then had the opportunity to talk with one of the playworker people - she knows alot of people and also works for CACHE - she said she had already seen the petition as it was emailed around CACHE yesterday - she is going to let as many people know about it as well.

I then had the opportunity to speak to another playworker person - she works for YMCA and also knows the person who runs the 0-19 forum who links up with vast qty of people. She is going to support the cause by telling as many people in YMCA and she will email me the chair of the 0-19 forum email address so that I can contact her personally.

Then the first playworker I spoke to gave me an opportunity to address the group of people I was working with (12 people) and tell them why they should sign the petition - they all nodded and seemed to be on board.

Oh and I put it on my OU forum as well - we are having a guest forum this week - so all the different tutor groups for the whole course will have seen the link and people have posted to say they have signed.

I infiltrated all the big CM groups on Facebook and posted the link - in addition to the work some of the ladies had already done, some had no presence in there - so they do now

More of the same please loL!
    Wow that is a lot of people who have now been informed - fantastic

My day has not been very productive campaign wise - but it has with the twin gransons who are staying - without mummy and daddy overnight.

Penny

Penny1959 Guest

Helen Moylett just signed - is it the famous one?

Penny

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

To keep the signatures coming, try seeking out news articles related to your issue and join the conversation in the comment threads. This will expose your petition both to the readers of the news articles, as well as the writers - journalists frequently read comments on their own stories.

To get the best response:

Present a thoughtful comment to a news story that is closely related to your petition. The more insightful and credible your comment, the more compelled people will be to check your petition out.
    Try to say something that will provoke a positive response from others. A comment that gets lots of positive feedback from others, will be more frequently read.
    If the comments are threaded (organized by responses), get your post near the top by responding to a comment near the top.
    Remember, online readers are particular sensitive to posts that look like spam. So, use your real name, and don't just post a link.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sending out quite a lot of newsletter emails later today and over the coming weeks about my updated e-books and I have added a petition link to the emails ...

I will also put it on my blogs which will hopefully do a little to add to the exposure of the link

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant - thank you Sarah x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is the wording that is going on my blogs in a moment along with some answers to frequently asked questions about the EYFS and other bits and bobs about childminding...

Blogs here - http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/

And here - http://www.knutsfordchildmindingresources.co.uk/

I feel I have earned a coffee now!

A petition to protect our jobs!

Our self employed status and incomes are seriously under threat by government suggestions that we might work via an agency (who take a percentage of our income, control our fees and invoicing etc) in the future.

Some reports have suggested that the agency which controls childminders might be local nurseries - can you imagine your income being reliant on referrals from the local nursery, often your biggest competition!?!

These threats to our future sustainability are linked to a report written by Conservative MP Elizabeth Truss which basically suggests that childminders are not capable of running their own businesses!

It will potentially open up a 2 tier system where nurseries and pre-schools are registered with and inspected by Ofsted and childminders no longer have individual Ofsted registration or inspection reports.

We will also possibly be asked to work for less money … with more children!!

Please take a moment to read and sign this petition to protect your income and self employed status in the future -

http://www.*****/petitions/uk-g...e-childminders

Please pass it on to all your childminder friends via Facebook, Twitter etc and write to your local MP (copy to Ms Truss and the Chief Inspector of Ofsted Mr Willshaw) and local councilors to ask for their support.

The more coverage we can get on this issue, the more our businesses will hopefully be protected.

The deregulation issue is being discussed on the Childminding Forum - so don’t forget to pop back regularly for updates.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

very good - yes go and put your feet up with a warm brew

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast