Petition
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition

Penny1959 Guest

Just heard that Worcestershire LA are going to put the link to E petition in their next E newsletter that goes to all Worcestershire early years settings - they also plan to put info about NCMA survey.

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post

Just heard that Worcestershire LA are going to put the link to E petition in their next E newsletter that goes to all Worcestershire early years settings - they also plan to put info about NCMA survey.

Penny
    That's great news.

It's wonderful how it's taken off but keeping it up there and getting people to carry on signing will be the big task.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great - I am going to tackle North Dorset LA to get it out there - they all have the link and I want to make sure they use it well.

We're approaching 1600 and its not even 9am yet.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Post Thanks / Like

Have you asked NCMA to support it - perhaps get it on NCMA local?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Have you asked NCMA to support it - perhaps get it on NCMA local?

Miffy xx
    Debbie and I have both posted on NCMAlocal

Penny

Penny1959 Guest

Just heard from Herefordshire (using contacts from my LA days) and they are going to send link as well to all their childminders.

Penny

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

ours wont support it unfortunately because they think they have said Agency Contract in the bag - Development Officers / Network Co-ordinators - creating standard childminder policies and talking about when we are under the umbrella of the Childrens Centre and they are inspecting us and when we have a group grading - so no hope of any support there - unfortunately all childminders under each of the CC's will have to get together themselves and try to spread the word.
    Celest

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have continued my Facebook campaign and so far my private messages have generated 29 signatures whilst the link on my Facebook for everyone to see has managed 3 signatures. So please everyone send private message to even just 5 people, and they will sign for you.

I have also sent a email to Our local PVI forum who's aim is trying to get all private and voluntary early years working together. I have stated on the email that this impacts not just us but also nurserys and parents and anybody who supports childminders. It may be a long Shot but I'm hoping it will generate more knowledge.

I have sent my early years team a email asking them to spread the word to their colleagues as this impact them too. I asked them to make sure that in the training sessions over the few weeks to raise awareness as I only have email addresses for 70 childminders in my area and I'm sure there is more.

I sent a email to my nvq assessor as she assesses lots of childminders and so do her colleagues.

Finally I sent my husband to work with a load of leaflets asking for support, as I used to work there before I had my little girl.

I am currently trying to get in contact with local sure starts to see if they Will support the campaign and let their users know.

I am also wondering if our local paper would do a article?

Any other ideas please keep sharing on here as then others can use them too.
    Last edited by AgentTink; 24-05-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just also fired a email to Liverpool childminding assossiation as they are in the next borough to were I live and the petition was not mentioned on their news feed.

Post Thanks / Like

Heaven Scent that s interesting reading cos I have passed the information on to mh DO and havent had a reply from them so wondering if they think they have the agency in the bag too ? still have got 59 from my facebook 5 from twitter at the mo and have been handing out flyers at school.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting update from NCMA Local

'Prof Iram Siraj-Blatchford has just emailed me saying she has signed to the epetition and, at a recent meeting, she has warned the deputy prime minister, Michael Gove ansd Sarah Teather of the consequences of deregulation!!!

What an endorsement!!! we need more expetrts like her to come out on our side'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post

'Prof Iram Siraj-Blatchford has just emailed me saying she has signed to the epetition and, at a recent meeting, she has warned the deputy prime minister, Michael Gove ansd Sarah Teather of the consequences of deregulation!!!

Oh WOW!!!!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

wow - that is amazing. I studied her REPEY study for my degree and she was saying back then that so much more research needed to be done to look at how to put processes in place and support minders to improve the quality of care in childminding, so I'm so impressed she's found this petition. We need someone like that on side.

I've just e-mailed my DO's to see if she'll e-mail the link to our local minders e-mail database, and a contact in a local borough and he gave me the e-mail for their local childminding association so have sent to them too.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

wow! we're getting hold of some good people

i've emailed my DO, who is being rather quiet currently. i'm hoping its just that she is very busy and hasn't read my emails yet.

Penny1959 Guest

Fantastic - just what we need - well done Debbie

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have e-mailed my DO and haven't heard anything. She normally replies pretty quickly!

A few cm's were talking last night about whether they'd be in favour of the proposals as they could be the agency....????

xx

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My DO has responded to say that they are trying to find out if they can get involved and in what capacity - I guess politics makes it hard for them if they need to remain objective. I've not used the arguement that they sent out the NCMA petition to everyone - so not sure how this is different.

In other news - just had a really long conversation with John at ***** - he is going to type up some notes and send to me later for us to agree on.

I've suggested that he might like to sign up and we have a thread specifically for him to get your feedback on what the changes mean to you so that he gets a broad range of input.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    ours wont support it unfortunately because they think they have said Agency Contract in the bag - Development Officers / Network Co-ordinators - creating standard childminder policies and talking about when we are under the umbrella of the Childrens Centre and they are inspecting us and when we have a group grading - so no hope of any support there - unfortunately all childminders under each of the CC's will have to get together themselves and try to spread the word.
    That doesn't sound good does it How can we have a group grading I just don't get it?
    We are individuals? How can we be graded in a group?

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The local authorities might have several groups and each group is graded accordingly maybe?

Lady Haha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    I will keep posting the petition and will fight til the end , but I have to say, that sounds like it IS in the bag and will happen whatever we do

They NEED to know how many childminders will leave if this happens! I feel like tearing my hair out at the moment! How can they be soooo stupid to even consider this?????

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast