Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A couple on interesting articles regarding de-regulation

These came through by email from Nursery World.

The first one is quite scary if that is really what they are thinking

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/b...eryWorldUpdate

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/b...eryWorldUpdate

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I being stupid/missing the point entirely, but how will any of this make it better being a childminder??????
    Marnie x

moogster1a Guest

So the agency would have a say in our fees and could then take 10% of what we earn!!! Don't hink many would be overly happy about that.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default comparing UK to Dutch system

I read an article last week about how the Dutch system had failed in many ways and is being currently revised to make it more tight on regulation following falling standards due to lack of regulation! Was that article linked from this forum? I can't find it now.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moogster1a View Post
    So the agency would have a say in our fees and could then take 10% of what we earn!!! Don't hink many would be overly happy about that.

i would not be happy by that and the only way i would deal with it, would be to put my prices up 10% !!!

also ... they seem to forget that we need to earn an income! we don't do this job JUST for love!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I read an article last week about how the Dutch system had failed in many ways and is being currently revised to make it more tight on regulation following falling standards due to lack of regulation! Was that article linked from this forum? I can't find it now.
    There was an article about that in nursery world as well, but I haven't got time to look now. I'll look later. Perhaps search their website?

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If it costs £400 per childminder to visit them then they should be looking at their costs not at us childminders!
    How on earth can they justify that cost?! The inspector sure as heck does not get paid that for every childminder she visits and I'm sure the administrators don't get paid much either. While cutting the need to have to apply for variations every time will help cut paperwork I still don't get how it can cost that much to inspect childminders!!
    of course false allegations waste a lot of time and money as they have to be inspected but is that even included in those inspection figures given? Perhaps people who make false and malicious allegations should be fined that would solve 2 problems then!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelion View Post
    If it costs £400 per childminder to visit them then they should be looking at their costs not at us childminders!
    How on earth can they justify that cost?! i wondered that too!The inspector sure as heck does not get paid that for every childminder she visits and I'm sure the administrators don't get paid much either. While cutting the need to have to apply for variations every time will help cut paperwork I still don't get how it can cost that much to inspect childminders!!
    of course false allegations waste a lot of time and money as they have to be inspected but is that even included in those inspection figures given? Perhaps people who make false and malicious allegations should be fined that would solve 2 problems then! very good plan
    maybe they need to pay their inspectors less?!

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

i would not be happy by that and the only way i would deal with it, would be to put my prices up 10% !!!

also ... they seem to forget that we need to earn an income! we don't do this job JUST for love!
    from her proposals you wouldn't be able to put up your prices - they would be set by the agency!
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

moogster1a Guest

I would imagine that the agencies would have targets that they have to provide "affordable childcare" therefore screwing a large number of us out of our living.
    Will they be dictating prices at nurseries? No, I think not.... there again, we only do it for a bit of pin money, don't we, while our kids are at school.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    from her proposals you wouldn't be able to put up your prices - they would be set by the agency!
    This must be a policy of the 'Looney Party' !! It can't happen and must not happen. End of!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the articles linked from that page suggests that the NCMA inspection matters survery was asking for responses from members and non-members - wonder where they picked that snippit of false information up from1?!
    Blessed Be!

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I certainly would NOT be happy at being advised or inspected by a nursery! Only one in this area is any good and we've just had another shut down and the owner sent to court over physically disciplining the children. That's the second time that has happened at two different nurseries in a very small town.

Neither would I be happy with someone else negotiating my fees and contracts for me!!!

OMG (sorry - posting as I read!!) - and as for paying a percentage of my salary to an agency ... AAAAAAGH!
    Last edited by Bridey; 14-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could this possibly be something we're all agreeing on

Hopefully it will make people see why we need to campaign against this. I know a lot of cms like the idea of de-regulation, but do they really understand what the reality of it could be?

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    I certainly would NOT be happy at being advised or inspected by a nursery! Only one in this area is any good and we've just had another shut down and the owner sent to court over physically disciplining the children. That's the second time that has happened at two different nurseries in a very small town.

Neither would I be happy with someone else negotiating my fees and contracts for me!!!

OMG (sorry - posting as I read!!) - and as for paying a percentage of my salary to an agency ... AAAAAAGH!
    Nope I quite agree, I run my own business and one of the perks is that I have the income that I can plough back into my business for resources - if they dictate my income then i'm sorry but i'm out of here because it will really limit what I can do. I'm self employed and proud of it.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    Nope I quite agree, I run my own business and one of the perks is that I have the income that I can plough back into my business for resources - if they dictate my income then i'm sorry but i'm out of here because it will really limit what I can do. I'm self employed and proud of it.
    Snap which would be a shame because I've been building this up bigger and better every year and its finally getting where I want it to be. May all be for nothing ...

Mouse I shared your articles on a FB group for childminders in the southwest that I started up recently, hope thats ok. x

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one do not want to be inspected as part of a cohort or group - our local early years team have been spouting their mouths off about us being inspected as part of the the Childrens Centre who would be inspected by Ofsted and we in turn would be inspected by them under the umbrella of the Childrens Centre - Well that's a joke - our local CC was awarded Satisfactory by Ofsted whereas most of the childminders in the area are graded good with one Outstanding other areas under the same LA are the same - how on earth can CC staff who are graded "Satisfactory" then come out to inspect us - and to make matters worse it is suggested that we should pay 10% of our incomes for the pleasure. Yeah right!!!

Because of Recent improvements in the standard of childcare offered here in the uk - (and with the blessing of EU funding) Most of us Childminders have qualifications in Childcare (a great deal of whom have level 3 or above). We all manage our own accounting systems and have written our own reems of policies, audits, risk assessments etc - Hello out there - we don't need an agency to help us we've done it now and its all securely in place - cheeky so and so's who do they think they are??????

I also think allowing our Network Co-ordinators inspect us would be a disaster as there is a risk of grades being tainted by differences in personality and personality clashes etc - I say a huge big NO No to this
    Celest

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    I for one do not want to be inspected as part of a cohort or group - our local early years team have been spouting their mouths off about us being inspected as part of the the Childrens Centre who would be inspected by Ofsted and we in turn would be inspected by them under the umbrella of the Childrens Centre - Well that's a joke - our local CC was awarded Satisfactory by Ofsted whereas most of the childminders in the area are graded good with one Outstanding other areas under the same LA are the same - how on earth can CC staff who are graded "Satisfactory" then come out to inspect us - and to make matters worse it is suggested that we should pay 10% of our incomes for the pleasure. Yeah right!!!

Because of Recent improvements in the standard of childcare offered here in the uk - (and with the blessing of EU funding) Most of us Childminders have qualifications in Childcare (a great deal of whom have level 3 or above). We all manage our own accounting systems and have written our own reems of policies, audits, risk assessments etc - Hello out there - we don't need an agency to help us we've done it now and its all securely in place - cheeky so and so's who do they think they are??????

I also think allowing our Network Co-ordinators inspect us would be a disaster as there is a risk of grades being tainted by differences in personality and personality clashes etc - I say a huge big NO No to this

Perhaps to get their money's worth ou of childminders they should send us in to inspect the children's centres and nurseries

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post

Mouse I shared your articles on a FB group for childminders in the southwest that I started up recently, hope thats ok. x
    Share away I get updates from nursery world via email and on Facebook. It's worth signing up for updates and you don't need to subscribe for a lot of them.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not having read the links, but going on the posts I've read, we're self employed and running out own businesses....so how can anyone make us charge what they say and then pay them 10% of our money, beyond ridiculous!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast