Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: EYITT bursary?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYITT bursary?

Would anybody be able to give me any info on whether the £7000 bursary I've been awarded to cover expenses/loss of earning whilst I study for the Early Years Initial Teacher Training course this year should be declared as "earnings" in my accounts book?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is a grant yes but a bursary I am not sure about so would call the hmrc
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beckyteddy View Post
    Would anybody be able to give me any info on whether the £7000 bursary I've been awarded to cover expenses/loss of earning whilst I study for the Early Years Initial Teacher Training course this year should be declared as "earnings" in my accounts book?
    A bursary is another word for 'grant'
    If unsure check with those who have awarded the bursary to you
    Bursaries for the Foundation Degree were awarded in the past and not repayable and did not need to go through accounts but they were logged as received as they would appear in your bank account

Hope you get the answer to your question unless you have an accountant who would be the best to advise you

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I need the fish guy that answers all the tax questions on here?! Is he still swimming about?! Mr Anchovy I think he's called?

Thanks for your replies so far...I also need to know whether I can put expenses from the course through my books as business expenses, so text books, petrol to get to Uni, stationary etc?

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no!

Just done a bit of searching and it seems Mr A may no longer be active on this forum...gutted! He always gave such helpful replies

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beckyteddy View Post
    I think I need the fish guy that answers all the tax questions on here?! Is he still swimming about?! Mr Anchovy I think he's called?

Thanks for your replies so far...I also need to know whether I can put expenses from the course through my books as business expenses, so text books, petrol to get to Uni, stationary etc?
    Those questions can be answered by any accountant ...that is what the guy you are referring to is.....and he is around but not here.