Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: mortgage

Registered Childminder since
    21Dec11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mortgage

Good morning everyone. I was under the impression that we could not claim anything on our mortgage but on my account records from morton Michel there is a box for rent/mortgage interest claim. Can anyone set me straight on this please? ☺

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Rent is different to mortgage and you can claim a proportion of your rent against tax. I am sure Mr Anchovy will come on and explain in full but I think you can try and work out how many hours your property is used solely for childminding and work out the proportion of the interest only not the capital repayment.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    I am sure Mr Anchovy will come on and explain in full
    Not sure Mr A's here anymore

Hasn't been logged in since April last year

He did have a website though if you google his name I'm sure something will show up

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Chatterbox put info on claims including mortgages up the other day http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...n-i-claim.html on this thread - What things are business expenses? cont'd is the page relevant to mortgages

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I claim "actual expenses" in my setting working out each room in the house, how much it is used 100% for minding (no children of my own at all) and this percentage is allocated to all my household expenses. You cannot claim this way and the Pacey negotiated percentages

I worked my spreadsheet calculations with an accountant and would advise anyone claiming mortgage interested to employ one themselves because if you have to go to court could you justify the workings and claim yourself?
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emmalou77 View Post
    Good morning everyone. I was under the impression that we could not claim anything on our mortgage but on my account records from morton Michel there is a box for rent/mortgage interest claim. Can anyone set me straight on this please? ☺
    On this one I would refer your queries to an accountant...get their professional advice