Business not related to CM and tax return
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Business not related to CM and tax return

I have recently started up my own little sideline making shabby chic homeware and going to craft fairs, selling on FB and to friends etc.
    At the moment I have not made a profit and am wondering about tax returns. Do I put this business onto the same tax return as my CM and if I do can someone please tell me how to go about it?

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane View Post
    I have recently started up my own little sideline making shabby chic homeware and going to craft fairs, selling on FB and to friends etc.
    At the moment I have not made a profit and am wondering about tax returns. Do I put this business onto the same tax return as my CM and if I do can someone please tell me how to go about it?
    Think you put it on the same return but as a separate business - suggest you ring tax office who will clarify

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane View Post
    I am in a similar position at the moment going to starting a fudge business the middle of April as well as childminding three days a week.

My understanding is I will keep a set of accounts for each business but come year end I will add it all together and complete one tax return based on both businesses. If you see what I mean. However if you hear otherwise from the tax office I would love to know.
    Me x

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new to this and kid of been wondering the same thing, when I called to register as a business I explained I would be doing other things as well CM and the guy asked if I would have a business name and just said it would all be under Emma Reed Services as these are all serviced I provide rather than 2 seperate businesses, if that makes sense lol

This all confuses me!

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

Separate accounts, separate self-employment page (SA103S) combined together in one main tax return (SA100). The business name is just for their records, it doesn't change what you have to do or how much you have to pay.