shareing the care of my boys so i can have more mindees?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default shareing the care of my boys so i can have more mindees?

hi, me and my sister are going to be working as minders together, everything is going to be split down the middle i.e earnings, expenses, work load ect

we cant get our head around one thing... i have two young boys and she has no children...meaning she could mind 3 under 5 and i could mind 1.... we thought maybe she could take on one of my boys so we could both mind 2 children on top of my boys..?? im really banging my head against a brick wall with this one as surly this would lead to me being over my numbers if im registered as having two children of my own then minding 2 more children even though id never have more then 3 and the same for my sister, i wouldn't get a variation due to lack of experience?

also if that wasn't possible she said about contributing me some extra cash as we would be using my house, car, equipment ect so she feel it would be wrong of her to use all of that and not pay anything towards it and me picking up the running costs like rent, bills, food ect, but how would we do our taxes around that because she'd be paying out the extra tax and id be getting cash in hand..which i obviously couldnt do as id need to pay tax on this too. or could she just put the cash contributions to me through on her expences as its her share?

also when were doing our taxes how do she do her expences as me and my partner pay the bills rent and food ect, which id be putting through on my expences... were so confused lol

is anyone in the same situation or have any ideas as were clueless
    many thanks

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry not much help but you could always ring ofsted to see what they might say. I'm sure someone with more experience will come and have more help.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling there are HMRC rules about this one - I'd give them a call if I were you so you get it right from the start.

Best ask your Ofsted inspector about ratios when s/he visits.

Hth

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a lot of questions firstly your children will always be in your numbers. so you can only have 1 under 5 and 3 over 5. but if shes in your home all the time she would need to registered at your address. she would need to give you x amount towards heating wear and tear. and food/drink anyway so if she had 3 children you would work out how much she would give you towards things also im presuming with you having 1 lo and her 3 you would help her? i think theres alot to sit down and work out, you would put heating etc through your tax she will have expences too if shes giving you money for bills she would put that through and dont quote me on this but i think you would have to declare x amount evan if you put it under outgoings you would need to give reciept of money she gives you. good luck

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael's stars View Post
    hi, me and my sister are going to be working as minders together, everything is going to be split down the middle i.e earnings, expenses, work load ect

we cant get our head around one thing... i have two young boys and she has no children...meaning she could mind 3 under 5 and i could mind 1.... we thought maybe she could take on one of my boys so we could both mind 2 children on top of my boys..?? im really banging my head against a brick wall with this one as surly this would lead to me being over my numbers if im registered as having two children of my own then minding 2 more children even though id never have more then 3 and the same for my sister, i wouldn't get a variation due to lack of experience?

also if that wasn't possible she said about contributing me some extra cash as we would be using my house, car, equipment ect so she feel it would be wrong of her to use all of that and not pay anything towards it and me picking up the running costs like rent, bills, food ect, but how would we do our taxes around that because she'd be paying out the extra tax and id be getting cash in hand..which i obviously couldnt do as id need to pay tax on this too. or could she just put the cash contributions to me through on her expences as its her share?

also when were doing our taxes how do she do her expences as me and my partner pay the bills rent and food ect, which id be putting through on my expences... were so confused lol

is anyone in the same situation or have any ideas as were clueless
    many thanks
    Hi...Me and my best friend are going to be co-minding together at my house. I am currently registered and she is in the process of registering.

We are going to register as a partnership for tax purposes and split all income 40:60 and split some expenses like food and outings.

I also have two children, my understanding is that you have to keep within your numbers for both of you i.e. you should be allowed jointly to have 4 under 5 (excluding your children). You will need to allocate a key person for each of the minded children and you should then allocate 2 minded children to each of you.

This is my understanding...but somebody may know differently.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks, we will both be registered childminders at my home address and would never go over our numbers, i think the me only taking one and her having three then sorting the money afterword would be easier and less likley to get complicatied,

I dont understand this registering as a partnership? as my sister would be there mon- fri 8-6 would that make thing easier for us ?

How would ofsted go about giving us our number's? do u think they would say 1 under 5 for me and 3under 5's for her .....or...4 under 5's for the pair of us as we would always share the load and be in the together all day everyday?

many thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandy64 View Post
    thats a lot of questions firstly your children will always be in your numbers. so you can only have 1 under 5 and 3 over 5. but if shes in your home all the time she would need to registered at your address. she would need to give you x amount towards heating wear and tear. and food/drink anyway so if she had 3 children you would work out how much she would give you towards things also im presuming with you having 1 lo and her 3 you would help her? i think theres alot to sit down and work out, you would put heating etc through your tax she will have expences too if shes giving you money for bills she would put that through and dont quote me on this but i think you would have to declare x amount evan if you put it under outgoings you would need to give reciept of money she gives you. good luck
    thanks. im going to make sure we get plenty of advise in the next couple of moths from ofsted and HMRC so we do this properly, luckily were very close and have had many long talks about this, i dont want or need much money from her she insists she contributes which i guess is fair i just dont want things to get so complicated that one of us ends up really out of pocket, the plan is id still be helping even if my mindees arnt there for any reason weve agreed its a full time job for the pair of us and to make things fair we both work the same hourse regardless of the work load even if theres one child to care for....that child will be getting very spoilt lol
    thanks for your reply it dose make things clearer

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you contact Ofsted they will give you each a new certificate and it will say your normal ratio and then when working at x house the new ratio's

Beware that this does have other considerations and you should look into it.

1. If there is a complaint with Ofsted it will go on both records

2. You need to register as a partnership with the HMRC and then both individually as SE. Your partnership return needs to be finished by the end of July (they don't tell you this) or you will need to pay an outside company for software to submit by end of Jan 13 or a fine will be levied
    Debbie

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    If you contact Ofsted they will give you each a new certificate and it will say your normal ratio and then when working at x house the new ratio's

Beware that this does have other considerations and you should look into it.

1. If there is a complaint with Ofsted it will go on both records

2. You need to register as a partnership with the HMRC and then both individually as SE. Your partnership return needs to be finished by the end of July (they don't tell you this) or you will need to pay an outside company for software to submit by end of Jan 13 or a fine will be levied
    ok thanks for that it good to no and ill be doing my reserch