wondering what to do?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wondering what to do?

registered October last year still no kids on books was wondering when do I start to log all my receipts for toys and start up of my business as I have back dated receipts from over a year ago.Do I log them when I start minding or should I log them in my Morton michel account book now.Also how do u enter years receipts all at once eg start up costs £2000 etc.Tash.x

aly Guest

no do it when you get your first child...and then you can put them as 1 lot in the book as 'start up costs'

x

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default receipts

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    no do it when you get your first child...and then you can put them as 1 lot in the book as 'start up costs'

x
    Thanks Aly.does it matter how far back receipts go? I have some 2010

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

You can go back seven years - that should be enough

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered mid Nov last year and have only a before/after school child Mon-Thurs and an under 5 full timer for only 1 day a week. I feel like I have so much more outgoings than income, with petrol, food, toys etc. I phoned my local Family Info Link who said they've had many calls from childminders saying things are quiet. I've gone into marketing overdrive recently and still things not looking up. Have you thought of advertising ad hoc/emergency childcare for the current vacancies until you fill them? Hoping things pick up soon.

x

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpy View Post
    I registered mid Nov last year and have only a before/after school child Mon-Thurs and an under 5 full timer for only 1 day a week. I feel like I have so much more outgoings than income, with petrol, food, toys etc. I phoned my local Family Info Link who said they've had many calls from childminders saying things are quiet. I've gone into marketing overdrive recently and still things not looking up. Have you thought of advertising ad hoc/emergency childcare for the current vacancies until you fill them? Hoping things pick up soon.

x
    Hi I am on every advertising website have delivered leaflets door 2 door with all the family helping, word of mouth even have poster in front window.I'm full of experience NNEB trained friendly,professional,likeable don't know why no calls.feel very deflated.I have a lovely house on nice street with some great resources.I was charging £3.50 an food extra 50p breakfast,dinner £1,tea £1.50 but now only charging £1 for tea hope this will attract parents in

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default hi crumpy and tash 1

hi there, i am newly registered as well, have spent a lot of money setting up, got a shock when we finally added it up, things are slow at the moment my first mindee will be a baby starting in june. just advertise as much as you can and anywhere thats free, dont forget supermarkets have a board sometimes altho they clear them useally once a month youll need to keep checking you ad is there. my daughter spent last saturday outside mothercare giving out cards to propective parents which i hadent thought about, had no calls from these but we have to persevere and i know everthing is so expensive but dont give up, once you get started word of mouth is useally a usefull way of advertising, good luck to everyone starting out, things will pick up soon love to all x

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default start up

Quote Originally Posted by cat lady at 38 View Post
    hi there, i am newly registered as well, have spent a lot of money setting up, got a shock when we finally added it up, things are slow at the moment my first mindee will be a baby starting in june. just advertise as much as you can and anywhere thats free, dont forget supermarkets have a board sometimes altho they clear them useally once a month youll need to keep checking you ad is there. my daughter spent last saturday outside mothercare giving out cards to propective parents which i hadent thought about, had no calls from these but we have to persevere and i know everthing is so expensive but dont give up, once you get started word of mouth is useally a usefull way of advertising, good luck to everyone starting out, things will pick up soon love to all x
    Hi today me and my 7 year old have delivered 100 more leafets in our area and with do more next week I won't give up,think your right once have child its word of mouth I have friends in other towns turning families away.Need a break soon just wana start minding

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get some kids soon! It took 6 mths for me to get any work after I registered but once I had my first family I soon filled up.

Don't give up

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default receipts

Quote Originally Posted by Polly2 View Post
    Hope you get some kids soon! It took 6 mths for me to get any work after I registered but once I had my first family I soon filled up.

Don't give up
    I won't give up,am going to look at all my receipts tomorrow

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas about the door to door leaflets and standing outside Mothercare! I think these are next on my list. It's so deflating when you're all geared up and ready to work isn't it? I also keep worrying that the further down the line I get, the nearer it gets to the graded Ofsted. I would rather have had children settled in and with me for a while before I'm inspected!

Aug 10
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I know just how you feel as I thought I was doing OK then 3 mums all went on Maternity leave so Im more or less empty now apart from 1 occasional before and after school child and one for 2 hours once a week. Another mum has given up her job as she is a single parent and working part time with petrol to and from work earned her less than she would get on benefits with the current cuts. I know a lot of CMs in my area have vacancees too.