Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Non payment of fees

Heya, not sure if on right page but can someone tell me what happens if a client doesn't pay? I am a NCMA member and have public liability so would I be able to recover the money via them or some other way?
    Got a very bad feeling through something said that I am not going to get paid. Usually I ask for money in advance but gave in on this one.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lorettacritchet View Post
    Heya, not sure if on right page but can someone tell me what happens if a client doesn't pay? I am a NCMA member and have public liability so would I be able to recover the money via them or some other way?
    Got a very bad feeling through something said that I am not going to get paid. Usually I ask for money in advance but gave in on this one.
    Invoice them first with payment date, send it recorded. if its not paid by the date given call ncma.
    are they still with you or have they left?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Shes been a client for just over a month now. We only just signed a contract as i wasn't sure if it was going to work around my schedule but it is working out ok so made her sign a contract. She signed it, no issues, she also kept ringing and said child tax credits were taking their timeto sort payment out then she spoke to me about two weeks and said child tax credits wanted a copy of the contract which gave her coming onto two weeks now.......she said she only earns £90pw which is what i am suppose to be getting from her so I said ok...we will wait until c tax credits get the contract etc...but her daughter mentioned to me last week that they were planning on moving, although no specific date set and the mother would stop paying all her bills so they could.....i.e. rent etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear23 View Post
    Invoice them first with payment date, send it recorded. if its not paid by the date given call ncma.
    are they still with you or have they left?

Post Thanks / Like

What does your contract say about payment of fees?

If you have already worked for a month and not had any childcare fees paid then I would be very reluctant to carry on.

Ring NCMA and see what advice they can give you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well it's also because shes only just send child tax credits the info....how quickly do they sort it out?

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    What does your contract say about payment of fees?

If you have already worked for a month and not had any childcare fees paid then I would be very reluctant to carry on.

Ring NCMA and see what advice they can give you

Miffy xx

Post Thanks / Like

well it's also because shes only just send child tax credits the info....how quickly do they sort it out?
    That depends on whether she's provided all the information they need to process the claim.

I would just be wary that she might disappear owing you all your fees.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Try asking her for part payment until tax credits are sorted, see what her reply is and try and gauge it from there. If she wants childcare its got to be paid for, I'm sure it's already cost you money to care for her child in the last month. I used to be soft, now I give non/late payers a chance, if they still mess me about I give notice. I must admit it taken me three years to grow a backbone though

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parent who is waiting for TC and it has taken them 60 days + to get it sorted

I know the child has said something to you but have you spoken to mum?

Just so you know NCMA will only claim back if you tell them within 60 days of the debt so don't delay

Are you sure this is a debt?
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically I have had this child for a month now so yeah it is a debt. What do you think I should do?

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    I have a parent who is waiting for TC and it has taken them 60 days + to get it sorted

I know the child has said something to you but have you spoken to mum?

Just so you know NCMA will only claim back if you tell them within 60 days of the debt so don't delay

Are you sure this is a debt?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically I have had this child for a month now so yeah it is a debt. What do you think I should do?
    Speak to the parent - you have to make relationships with parents and if I went off on one every time a child said something to me I would be in the looney bin!

Seriously, if she hasn't paid you ask for a meeting, come up with a payment plan or say goodbye
    Debbie

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Speak to the parent - you have to make relationships with parents and if I went off on one every time a child said something to me I would be in the looney bin!
    sorry this made me giggle

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say you need part payment from the parent as the most tax credits will pay towards childcare is 70% so she will still have to find the rest of the fees anyway. If it builds up then where is she going to get that money from?