Can I claim for my new laptop?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I claim for my new laptop?

I've just had to buy a new laptop, my old one unfortunately died of old age! I had no choice but get a new one, need it as I do ALL my paperwork on the computer. Therefore I am assuming that it would be ok to put my new laptop through as a business expense?

On a plus note it will keep my below the tax threshold if I can claim for it!!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes claim it all if it is for childminding.

Mr A says it goes into annual investment allowance and not expenses though (doesn't make any difference to final figure)
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes mine died form old age just before Christmas and I fully intend to clain for the new one I got on Sunday.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that you could only claim half because let's face it, it isn't going to be used solely for childminding!!

I have only claimed half of my new one. Willing to stick the other half in if this is a legitimate expense?

If it goes in AIA - does that mean you have to claim certain percentage each year?

thanks.

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMum View Post
    I was under the impression that you could only claim half because let's face it, it isn't going to be used solely for childminding!!

I have only claimed half of my new one. Willing to stick the other half in if this is a legitimate expense?

If it goes in AIA - does that mean you have to claim certain percentage each year?

thanks.
    you claimt he % of what you use it, if you use it for personal then 50% is good.

I claimed 100% because this is my work laptop. We have a pc int he kids room and my partner has a laptop i use for personal stuff.

Non childminder member
    Accountant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMum View Post
    No, you claim the whole amount you are claiming (so if you have 20% private use, 80% of the total cost) in the year that you buy it.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks folks!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've brought myself a laptop for work (a welcome to childminding and @happy early Christmas present to myself) great to know I can put this though the expenses.

A.