Business Bank Accounts
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BuggsieMoo Guest

Default Business Bank Accounts

Hi All
    I am a member of the FSB which means I can get a co-operative business bank account at no annual charge. How many of you use a business bank account as opposed to your own personal bank account and would you recommend this?
    Thanks all
    Lisa x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a spearate savings account that i put my tax and NI contributions in and sometimes clear my wages cheque, but mostly just into personal account. I keep the statements for it with my tax and NI letters too x

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a business account too - with Santander. They do not charge me for it. If they did I would just open another normal account.
    Grindal

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive just opened a plain current account just soley for CM, but dnt really see the point of business accounts

Oct 02
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am with Barclays. I opened a separate personal account as I believe they charge for a business one. I pay in cheques, have my NI contributions on direct debit and so far have not had any problems with this. Should they ever query it I would simply close this account and open another with a different bank.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I too opened a separate personal bank account. Hx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I was with Lloyds and they wouldnt let me put cheques into a personal account once they realised they were for business so I went to Abbey (now Santander) they do not charge annual fee if you only make 10 deposits a month (cheques or cash) you can have as many bank transferes or standing orders as you like.
    By being true to myself I live life to the full

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We used our personal account for years, but as our business grew and we had incresing amounts of money being paid in, the bank picked up on it and threatened to close our personal account if we didn't open a business account. Needless to say we were a bit miffed so went to another bank and opened a business account

BuggsieMoo Guest

I'm also with Lloyds and why they have been fine about me using it for business as well as personal money they did freeze my account which cost me a day work having to sort out as they didnt recognise Edenred which is a voucher payer for a parent. I had to take all my receipt books down etc to prove I wasnt money laundering which is why I was thinking of looking elsewhere for a business account.