Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do you have a wage?

Hi.
    I was putting my tax papers in a box, I had another look at my expenses and I realise I didn't have a wage, I just put toys, food, insurances, etc.
    Could I put down my own wages? Do you have a wage? Do you put it in your tax?
    I had a profit of £75 monthly. this was my "wage".
    I cannot do this job for much longer

I'm entitle to any support?
    I rather have more children (where are they?), work hard and long hours but it's not happening.
    also, I would like to go to the shops and have money to buy myself something than just look for toys, stickers or sand for children.
    thisisthebestforum

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You are self employed so don't have wages. Any profit is all yours.

Have you spoken to Social Security and tax credits to see what you are entitled too?
    Debbie

apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

this is what has been worrying me about childminding, there seems to be a lot of outgoings and not always a lot of incomings.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not making a lot at the moment but there are childminders on here that are making good money but they must work hard long hours to get that sort of income.
    Pixie Dust

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i work at a loss & have done for the past 12 months....but im still stocking up on toys, storage etc

im sure i could be more carefull with my money......but im not

have you checked out the 'entitled to' website? it will show if you are entitled to financial help through tax credits or benefits
    What a crock!!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I am not making a lot at the moment but there are childminders on here that are making good money but they must work hard long hours to get that sort of income.
    I agree that there is money to be made but it is hard when you have younger children yourself but look at it another way

Take your wage if you worked, less childcare costs, petrol, car, clothes, make up, lunches etc and you can see that it costs to go to work too.

Also if you take your profit/loss at the end of the year and add back on your household costs such as water/household rates/gas/elec/licence etc then your profit is high, just your paper profit is low

Hope everyone is making a decent amount but if not contact SS and tax credits for advice
    Debbie

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you cut down your outgoings at all? Maybe try free sure start groups instead of toddlers that you may be charged per child etc?

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As the others have said you don't have a "wage" set down as such, what ever you have left over at the end of each week or month is yours

After outgoings I have a nice monthly wage and I don't work long long hours, I work 8am til 5 every day for 2 children and 1 after schooler. My outgoings are what I would have to pay for anyway - such as a percentage of water, gas elec, phone, council tax. I don't spend too much on toys as I have loads here, I borrow books for free from library - the children all bring their own food so I don't have to worry about that, only drinks and snacks I provide. The only tings I find I spend out on are craft bits and bob, new printers and folders, stationary, ink etc, so really not a lot.
    So what is left over is all mine and it's as much as if I had a full time employed job.