Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: accountant

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default accountant

is it worth it ? my friend works for himself and it only costs him £20 a month and he apparently is very good at advising what you can claime for and even what you can get away with claiming for you wouldnt even think you could claim for . i just dont know but tbh i am not the brightest tool in the box and know i will get myself in a muddle with everything
    has anyone else got an accountant

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

£20 a month is £240 a year! That is quite a chunk of your earnings.

The NCMA accounts book is a fraction of that It is not hard once you get going. And we will always help on here

There is a list of what you can claim for on the forum (somewhere! Someone will post a link, hopefully )

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an accountant and wouldn't be without her. I don't pay anything like £240 per year though.

I complete the NCMA Accounts book so I have a record of my income and expenditure and I get my parents to sign in the back of the book to confirm what they have paid me each month. I then put this on a spread sheet for her and she fillis in my tax return and submits it. She has also advised about claiming expenses etc. I have claimed for more than I would have on my own as well! She even told me I wasn't claiming enough for wet wipes, paper towels, tissues, she is a mum of 3

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
    £20 a month is £240 a year! That is quite a chunk of your earnings.

The NCMA accounts book is a fraction of that It is not hard once you get going. And we will always help on here

There is a list of what you can claim for on the forum (somewhere! Someone will post a link, hopefully )
    I am with MaryMary!

The book is a great starting point if you are just starting and this fourum is MAGIC for enlightening you to extra stuff to claim for

As for the tax return it is easy!
    Me x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless you really need to lose tax through high earnings I would go with the NCMA book too.
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    She even told me I wasn't claiming enough for wet wipes, paper towels, tissues, she is a mum of 3
    How can you not claim enough? They go through at cost
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=Pauline;887577]How can you not claim enough? They go through at cost
    [/QUOTE]

I have an accountant as well. I use the NCMA book but let him ajust things that are allowed.

With things likes wipes as they are under £10 you would not have to keep the receipts. So you could claim an average amount per month.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    [
    I have an accountant as well. I use the NCMA book but let him ajust things that are allowed.

With things likes wipes as they are under £10 you would not have to keep the receipts. So you could claim an average amount per month.[/quote]

I know you don't have to have the receipt but all I do is when I buy a pack of wipes I put the cost down, seems easier than having to average out a months worth and risk getting it wrong.
    Pauline x