Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default child tax credit or funding for 3/4 years old

hi.
    today a parent give up my services because I'm not part of childminding network thus she cannot apply to funding for 3/4 years old.
    I contact my council about this and they say I had to move up north of the bourough to be in the existing childminding network.
    because of this I lost a full time and a child and a parent I knew and enjoy work with.

does anyone know how to start a childminding network? is up to council only or can childminders start one?

any help of how can I help this parents to get funding will be very welcome.

in fact, any information about how your parents get funding for childminding will be appreciate.

Thanks
    thisisthebestforum

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: child tax credit or funding for 3/4 years old

Some counties / areas have networks - others don't.

We don't have one here so I cannot offer people the funded places.

When they do open one here it will only be for a few minders apparently and you will have to be a certain grade.

There will also be a lot more paperwork from what I understand.

Some areas have networks set up and can access the funding.

Unfortunately it is a postcode lottery

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you with the NCMA as they have a department currently looking into this. They have networks all over the place and this may help you. Give them a call and you may be able to retrieve this one.
    Debbie

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help. i will call NCMA
    thisisthebestforum

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We used to have three networks in my area with only limited space for 20 minders on each one, we now have one robust network for everyone who want to be on it. You used to have be on the network and accredited to offer funding but now you need to have the Quality Mark, they seem to change the criteria every other month. Not sure though if anyone in any area can gain the Quality Mark or if it is area based.
    Jules

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

In Somerset, we have the Somerset CM Network and there are 3 sections to it, the first one is,
    you join the network as a regular CM, then paperwork and experience related you can be upgraded to an Advanced CM (thats me at the mo).
    Then as long as you have a level 3 qualification in Early years education you can apply to become a Nursery Educationaly Funded CM (which is what I'm in the process of doing), and then you can claim the 15 hours a week term time only funding for 3 & 4 year olds.
    I wanted to get NEF status so that the parents got a choice of leaving their child here until they started school or moving them on to nursery.
    My application started on the 28th July and its now with the EY Initiative team.....fingers crossed it wont be too long now.
    Oh and you have to be graded good or above by Ofsted.

Sept 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been funding for 4yrs in Hampshire.You have to be nvq level 3 or above,be on accredited network,think its 16hrs training a year not including first aid,food hygiene,manual handling.Grade good or above.Paperwork is minimal.I have no formal plans ,now all ditched,follow interests of child and just write in next steps - my paperwork is minimal and ofsted was more than happy .Childminders in this area were able to do a quality assurance scheme if they didnt want to do level 3 but it only seemed to be around for a year.Everywhere does everything differently.

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

txs to all replies.

I've been reading about quality mark, networks, etc and I found all sort an obstacule to succeed in this job. it's hard enough with all paperwork, non paid parents, inspections, it's a demading job, you really have to loved it.

I feel about this network thing.
    I can't believe I lost a full time child because of this.

I'm sorry you have to read my angry comments but you are the ones who can understand me better.

thanks again for your reply and support.
    thisisthebestforum

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caresite View Post
    txs to all replies.

I've been reading about quality mark, networks, etc and I found all sort an obstacule to succeed in this job. it's hard enough with all paperwork, non paid parents, inspections, it's a demading job, you really have to loved it.

I feel about this network thing.
    I can't believe I lost a full time child because of this.

I'm sorry you have to read my angry comments but you are the ones who can understand me better.

thanks again for your reply and support.
    This is the reason I've applied for NEF status, when there are 15 hrs FREE childcare available they are silly not to use it Also in our area we have a pilot scheme running for families on certain benifits, their 2yr olds can have 10 hrs a wk free. I am just trying to cover myself and not lose all my children to the local Children's Centre
    Its funny though.....I have 3 children of parents that work in the Children's Centre!!!!!

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Karen.
    how you apply for NEF?
    thisisthebestforum

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi caresite, I got in touch with my childcare coordinater and she brought a pack round to go through with me. She checked my policies, my first aid and safeguarding (child protection) is up to date and we went from there.