Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Really Need Help

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if any of you lovely ladies could give me some advice on fill in the tax return online. Not had many kids this year, so money a bit tight so I thought I would try to tackle it myself this time (accountant did it for me last yea) got so far as to fill in all my expences the the rest lost me. Next pages all about losses etc and lots of thing I don't really understand. Can anyone help me with trying to fill this in.

Much appreciated

Shelly xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Really Need Help

If you are doing it online go into the first page and choose self assessment (you may have employment as well if you have been employed).

You don't have to enter much data. The self employment will ask if you want the short or long form and unless you took more than £64000 go for the short form. it will ask you your income, expenses, capital expenditure. The employment will want the details off of you P60 of income and tax paid. After you work your way through it will ask for gift payments (donations) and interest from the bank

That is it. PM me if you want help with specifics
    Debbie

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Really Need Help

I do it myself too. (Read: I call out figures and dh types them in!!!!)

I used the NCMA Account book and found it quite easy cos that shows how much in, out, profit or loss. From what I remember there's a lot of questions online that we just don't have to fill in - I think there werent many boxes we had to fill in. I would have thought if you make a mistake that they will contact you. If you havent made a loss then dont worry about that section of the form.

Sorry for being vague, I have tried to fill mine in this year but cant remember my password so got to phone them up later. Hey ho!