Business Accounts
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Business Accounts

Hi - am after yet more advise from you lot ....please!!
    I have just signed 2 new clients and have a lovely deposit sat here in front of me. Tried to open an accout at the bank and was told as I was self employed I would need to make an appointment to open a business account. I was not aware that I needed a business account, just needed to keep accurate records of incomings and outgoings. Does anybody or everybody else have a business account?
    Thanks again!
    Grindal

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Business Accounts

you dont need a business account.

if you want to keep childminding fees seperate to other fess jsut open a standard account, my fees go into a joint standard account.

write everything down in your accounts book to help keep accurate figures too.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont have a seperate account for childminding it just goes straight into my bank account for me to spend LOL
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you - I hoped it was not correct. Maybe my bank are tring to get extra money out of me!
    Grindal

TheBTeam Guest

It cost to operate a business account, i use my joint normal household account, i keep my ncma accounts book up to date with my income, i can't see the point in a business account as it would go in and come straight out to pay my household bills!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a savings account built in to my current account.

I pay money into my current account, then transfer it into the savings account - if it lasts that long!

Obviously you have to make sure that you have cheques made payable to you, not to a business name.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grindal View Post
    Thank you - I hoped it was not correct. Maybe my bank are tring to get extra money out of me!
    Grindal
    In theory most banks will tell you you have to have a business account if they find out you are paying in business funds. This is because you will then be charged for transactions. In reality a bank would probably not realise a childminder was using a personal account as a business one. I worked in banking for 20 years and we used to get a pat on the back for spotting personal accounts being used to pay in business funds

I do have a seperate account for my childminding but it is only a personal one

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, don't tell the bank it's for business use and just open a personal account. You get lots of charges for business accounts
    Ali xx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissSparkles View Post
    I dont have a seperate account for childminding it just goes straight into my bank account for me to spend LOL
    Me too!

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    In theory most banks will tell you you have to have a business account if they find out you are paying in business funds. This is because you will then be charged for transactions.

You can get a business account with the Abbey National that doesn't actually charge - well in theory it does but unless you are earning huge amounts I doubt that you wold incur them

In reality a bank would probably not realise a childminder was using a personal account as a business one.

mine shows my National insurance coming out of my account so that might give away the fact I was Self employed I guess

I worked in banking for 20 years and we used to get a pat on the back for spotting personal accounts being used to pay in business funds I do have a seperate account for my childminding but it is only a personal one
    I pay different money into different accounts to cover different bills
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive also opened a standred savings account for all cm moneys recieved........