Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toys bought second hand on facebook

Hi Everyone,

I am not yet registered but looks like it will only be another 3 or 4 weeks! yay
    I have been busy buying a few things including toys from facebook marketplace, and because its just a cash job I don't have any receipts for those. Question is, would you just print the messenger conversations and put them into the folder incase I get checked? Or is it even possible to claim second hand toys?
    Also how does it all work with the tax? How do I know how much I will have to pay when I do my return and how do I know how much to save up? Is it just a lump sum at the end of the year? What if it takes ages until I have clients? Does that make a difference?
    Also I read that there was a thing from the government that new childminders could claim 500 pounds to set up the business, is this still valid?

Thanks all so much!

Sabine

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything under £10 doesn't need a receipt you can just list it (£10 limit per day) You could get them to invoice you or you write the invoice and they sign it. But to be honest I've often done what you suggested - screen-shot the item and price and put in separate folder on my desk top.