Claiming computer data recovery/replacement expense?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Claiming computer data recovery/replacement expense?

Hello all, Just wondering if I'm able to claim as an expense the cost of data recovery (all my childminding policies/procedures/research/documentation etc) that were lost when my pc crashed, in addition to the cost of the data transfer to , and the new lap top I had to buy? Am thinking if not the full cost of the recovery and new lap top, then maybe 75 per cent, as it's mostly used by me for work,( but not wholly and exclusively), and it'd be impossible without it! Thanks in advance for any replies...need to get this done and dusted asap! x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You can claim for anything you like and what percentage you like - you just need to be able to fully justify IF you were ever inspected by HMRC. I think I put through 75% of my computer my accounts 2015-2016.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hectors House, yes, have all the receipts etc for the work done and purchase of new one, and settled on 75 per cent in the end...it's hard to quantify actual usage for CM stuff but that seems reasonable to me! x