Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hours worked

Registered Childminder since
    June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hours worked

Hi wonder if you can help me ? When I am calculating my hours worked for each week do we include the hours we take to set-up/tidy up? Do paperwork? Or is it when first child walks in & last one leaves?
    If we do a course at the weekend is that classed as hours worked?

I Was just calculating my tax percentages & have been doing time children here but I often work in the holidays when I have no children to catch up & weekends so wondering what is correct?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For percentages for your accounts it is only hands on time with the children - so the time the first arrives until the time the last goes, so you have been doing it right. But you can only claim up to a maximum of 40 hours a week.

Courses worked at the weekend do not count for percentages as the children are not present.

Paperworl/cleaning were allowable to be included for tax credits purposes but when it all goes over to the new Universal Credit they will be looking to see that people are earning minimum wage for so many hours so will no longer benefit adding extra hours that you aren't actually getting paid for.

NCMA (now Pacey) many years ago reached these allowances for childminders with HMRC, long before there was lots of paperwork, but they are still more generous than most self-employed people working from home get to claim x

3. Likes hectors house liked this post
    June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great - thank you taking the time to reply

5. Likes tulip0803 liked this post