Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Default phone,electricity expenses / hours calculation

Hello everyone,
    I have 3 questions,hope somebody can advice to me.

1. How I need calculate hours: Child stayed 30.40 hour and 1 hour cost 3.50£ ?
    2. I top up my electricity by internet sometimes, so wHat proof I should have for this expense?
    3. What proof for phone expenses I should have? I have top up,no bills.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah,I checked all links but I still doesn't find answers to my questions😞😞

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you want to mess around charging for odd minutes here and there? - I charge to the nearest quarter of an hour so would say your example is 30 hours and 45 minutes. 45 minutes is 3/4 of an hour, so put in the calculator 30.75 and times it by your hourly rate.

You can put through the money you top up on your electric and phone as although you don't have a receipt the amounts should show up on your bank account or credit card bill, so you do have proof if you were checked by HRMC.

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Do you want to mess around charging for odd minutes here and there? - I charge to the nearest quarter of an hour so would say your example is 30 hours and 45 minutes. 45 minutes is 3/4 of an hour, so put in the calculator 30.75 and times it by your hourly rate.

You can put through the money you top up on your electric and phone as although you don't have a receipt the amounts should show up on your bank account or credit card bill, so you do have proof if you were checked by HRMC.
    Thank you a lot for advice,its really helped to me