Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Expences starting business and expences for own child

Hello, i have few questions.
    I registered my business in 2015february and had some expenses for childminder business as a courses,books and etc,but i had first child from 2015 may,and i doent show these expences anywhere,can i add them in this financial year 2015april - 2016april? if yes, how i can do this?
    And another question, i do have my own child,how i need to calculated expences for food or goings out and etc?
    Hope to get help,this is my first year and i am still confused in doing this financial side...thanks for answers in advance.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You can not claim expenses for your own child as you are not child-minding him/her.

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

If you go out somewhere that you wouldn't have if you weren't minding then yes you can add expenses for your own child. An example is , you take the children to a soft play, it's not something you would do outside of work, your child has to attend and you can claim the whole entrance fee (if that makes sense)

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

yes,thats clear,thanks everyone. is anyone had similar situasion as my 1st question? i would be very appretiate for every advice.