Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car and travel costs

Happy new year everyone.
    I have decided I am not going to go down the 0.45p per mile route for my car. It is a good few years old now and has cost quite a bit in repairs recently. Also although I use it just about every day the journeys are shortish.
    I want to check I am doing the costs right. I have decided not to claim the car depreciation part as we have had it ages. So am I ok to claim for
    M.O.T, service and parts
    car insurance
    road tax
    repairs
    breakdown cover
    I understand I can only claim for the percentage of time the car is used for childminding purposes which I will put in at 75% and have to stick to the same method and not revert to the 0.45p method. I have not put car costs through before.
    Have I forgotten anything?
    Thanks x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Happy new year everyone.
    I have decided I am not going to go down the 0.45p per mile route for my car. It is a good few years old now and has cost quite a bit in repairs recently. Also although I use it just about every day the journeys are shortish.
    I want to check I am doing the costs right. I have decided not to claim the car depreciation part as we have had it ages. So am I ok to claim for
    M.O.T, service and parts
    car insurance
    road tax
    repairs
    breakdown cover
    I understand I can only claim for the percentage of time the car is used for childminding purposes which I will put in at 75% and have to stick to the same method and not revert to the 0.45p method. I have not put car costs through before.
    Have I forgotten anything?
    Thanks x
    I 'think' so! BUT, I think you can only go down the percentage route IF you have done that from the start of owning that car/using it for childminding. hopefully someone else can help you more!

3. Likes rickysmiths, Tulip liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks loocyloo, yes i understand about sticking to the same method. I haven't claimed any car costs before. Does anyone else know if i am ok to claim for the items mention?
    Thanks in advance x