Claiming working tax credit? Advice please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Claiming working tax credit? Advice please

Hi wonder if anyone can help me. I will be doing over 16h a week soon and been told I should claim working tax credit no idea how much I can claim as this is the first time I dont pay for childcare. Anyway does anyone know what do I need to tell them about when I call? I think I read somewhere that they want to know my expected profit over year and expenses but how I am suppose to guess that as I only been registered for 2 months:/ I would just like to be prepared before I ring them so if anyone has experience of claiming while childminding please let me know which figures/ info do they need and tips? I think I can claim hours of admin/training as well?Thank you

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you called them?

the best thing to do, is to give them a call and they will tell you what information they need from you. it may be on the website, but I've always found it easier to phone them!

good luck x

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the rules will be changing soon and they are going to 'crack down' on self employed people who don't earn enough after one year's trading.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

July 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really I didn't know they are changing rules,I rang them once already and they said they only take into account paid hours,nevermind every evening I spend doing courses,admin and advertising lol so dont think that's fair.I will be doing over 16h from next week so will try ringing them again,thanks guys.Still trying to figure out everything.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Remember the rules will be changing soon and they are going to 'crack down' on self employed people who don't earn enough after one year's trading.
    I have hear this too. It's very worrying.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_79 View Post
    Hi wonder if anyone can help me. I will be doing over 16h a week soon and been told I should claim working tax credit no idea how much I can claim as this is the first time I dont pay for childcare. Anyway does anyone know what do I need to tell them about when I call? I think I read somewhere that they want to know my expected profit over year and expenses but how I am suppose to guess that as I only been registered for 2 months:/ I would just like to be prepared before I ring them so if anyone has experience of claiming while childminding please let me know which figures/ info do they need and tips? I think I can claim hours of admin/training as well?Thank you
    I'd just estimate your profit. This can be updated during the course of the year, when you will have a better idea of what your profit may be

July 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just been reading now they will ask for receipts,expenses and even cash flow projections..are you kidding me I ve only been opened 3 months I am really not expecting to make a profit in the first year...or just give them a random figure but then it will be on me to explain why the figures are not right..why does everything have to be so complicated

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_79 View Post
    I have just been reading now they will ask for receipts,expenses and even cash flow projections..are you kidding me I ve only been opened 3 months I am really not expecting to make a profit in the first year...or just give them a random figure but then it will be on me to explain why the figures are not right..why does everything have to be so complicated
    I've been running for 3 years and claiming WTC. I've never been asked for any of this...

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo163 View Post
    I've been running for 3 years and claiming WTC. I've never been asked for any of this...
    The rules are changing particularly for self employed people under the new 'universal credit' system, which I believe will include tax credit payments.

I think, but don't quote me, it's all to do with the amount of people now claiming to be self employed since they got taken off other benefits.
    All of a sudden there were self employment claims from new eBay/Facebook/home based businesses and the like.

A lot of these 'business ventures' now receive working tax credits due to low turnover/earnings but aren't real businesses (allegedly), which is another reason why there's an assumption that S/E people will earn NMW and any additional benefits (housing benefit for example) will be based on such.