Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tax rebate

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tax rebate

I amended my 2013/2014 tax return the other day as I didn't put expenses thought as I thought I'd need to remortgage, so have been able to add start up costs to the tax return. It recalculated I'd receive a £99 rebate, I was really pleased but they've paid me £292 instead!
    While I'm over the moon, I'm also slightly unsure of why, it's still showing £99 when I log into my self assessment...surely they wouldn't pay more by mistake? I've had no letter or anything off them, has this happened to anyone else before?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mistakes happen. Or there might be some reason for the different amount. They might ask for the extra back. They might not realise their mistake, if it is a mistake. I'd do the right thing and call them to check what's happened.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would check, nothing worse than them claiming it back after you spent it

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Emailed them to be told they can't deal with it by email, called them holding for an hour before giving up the first time, and an hour the next, and it's not a mistake!
    The nearly £200 tax I paid at the end of the year was 'unallocated' (slightly worrying) even though they told me to pay it, so the rebate was that plus an additional £99 I overpaid when I was employed :-)
    Just at the right time as my laptop died last week so that has bought a new one!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex__17 View Post
    Emailed them to be told they can't deal with it by email, called them holding for an hour before giving up the first time, and an hour the next, and it's not a mistake! The nearly £200 tax I paid at the end of the year was 'unallocated' (slightly worrying) even though they told me to pay it, so the rebate was that plus an additional £99 I overpaid when I was employed :-) Just at the right time as my laptop died last week so that has bought a new one!
    Glad you got it sorted!