Proof of earnings for maternity allowance?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Proof of earnings for maternity allowance?

I finished my employed job in October 2013, started childminding in April 2014 and plan to go on maternity leave end of September 2014. I've worked enough weeks even with that break in between jobs to qualify for maternity allowance - but how do I prove my earnings? I've got pay slips until October 2013 but since April I've been invoicing parents and filling in my accounts book - is this enough proof as I wouldn't have done my 2014-2015 tax return when I claim maternity allowance in about a months time?

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you registered as self employed and set up to pay NI? I could be completely wrong but I think you'd need to have been paying NI whilst childminding for those weeks to count. Although I don't really know how it works coz unless you tell them otherwise then they take your NI contribution 6 monthly. I filled in a form to set up a monthly dd so I could be sure I'd qualify for mat allowance in July. As I say I don't really get it so could very well be completely wrong! Hope someone in the know comes along soon! x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask the department who are requesting proof - as you are self employed they will have a system
    Debbie

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thank you I'll do that. Yeah when I registered as self-employed at the beginning of April I set up a direct debit to pay NI monthly. I can't apply for maternity allowance for another 4 weeks but making sure I've got everything in place for when I do. Thanks.