Thread: Anyone know ??

Registered Childminder since
    MAY 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone know ??

Please any ideas if I / we can claim the following

Mobile Phone, used for Childminding, contact, taking and sending photographs to parents as per their contacts.

Breakdown recovery on car, wouldn't have it if I didn't Childmind, wouldn't need it.

Strange one now, I take the ickle people swimming every week and I pay, however if I took out a Gym membership, which over the month costs less and the swimming would be free ? Could I ? Strange, some one must know ?

Also, I feel guilty when buying new toys and want to equip the garden with a Little Tikes Play Frame, they cost a bomb, what would be a reasonable amount to spent on garden toys ?
    ( I have bought second hand, but feel its a false economy )

I would appreciate any feedback

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

You can put through 10 per cent of breakdown cover if minding 40 hours a week. I have put a post about mobile. With regards to equipment if it solely for minding then you can put all of it but if own children use it you need to work put percentage of use for mindees.
    I was on hmrc webinar last night and this was what we were told
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a look in free resources at the top of the forum - down the left hand side - there are a couple of useful documents

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always just kept all of my food receipts and put those through I would like to put through amounts through for breakfast, lunch and dinner which would be easier but what sort of figures should I look at. I am just once rend that I know of to minders who put through costs I know dinner was £1,75 based in a school dinner cost and were inspected by tax office and had to pay back costs.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told by tax inspector that I couldn't claim anything for car breakdown insurance as all costs other than occasional car valeting were included in my 45p per mile - I suppose if you use the other method of calculating car expenses you could put it through as a proportion of your business miles.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post

Please any ideas if I / we can claim the following

Mobile Phone, used for Childminding, contact, taking and sending photographs to parents as per their contacts.

You need to get an itemised bill each month and highlight your costs - claim personal/business calls pro rata on amount of contract and amount of calls/texts made

Breakdown recovery on car, wouldn't have it if I didn't Childmind, wouldn't need it.

Call HMRC and ask them as there is always conflicting answers on this - don't forget to take a name for your records

Strange one now, I take the ickle people swimming every week and I pay, however if I took out a Gym membership, which over the month costs less and the swimming would be free ? Could I ? Strange, some one must know ?

I would join but get evidence - i.e. receipts from the previous month. Are you going to use it outside of childminding? If so pro rata to show that you are not just claiming it for the sake of it

Also, I feel guilty when buying new toys and want to equip the garden with a Little Tikes Play Frame, they cost a bomb, what would be a reasonable amount to spent on garden toys ?
    ( I have bought second hand, but feel its a false economy )

I don't think there is a reasonable amount. I spend and buy as I need to

I would appreciate any feedback
    Hope this helps - why feel guilty as it is all for the benefit of your business? Check gumtree and ebay for cheap options plus any local papers/notice boards
    Debbie

7. Likes Marshmallow liked this post