Thread: Tax return.

Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tax return.

Hello,

I registered as self employed in sept 2012 I haven't been asked to submit a tax return this time yet is that right I though it was but spoke to a friend this morning who started same time as me and has an accountant who has asked for all her paperwork now so she made me panic slightly I have got it wrong:-/ I am doing my own accounts so its all up to date but not submitted at all.
    Help!!!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The current financial year runs from April 2012 to April 2013.
    As you started self employment in September 2012, you will be required to submit your accounts between September 2012 and April 2013.

Do not panic though, as you have until January 2014 to file your accounts with HMRC and make any payment due

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew thank you so should I just do it now? It's all near enough up to date give or take a couple of weeks:-)

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wait until they send me a tax return - I just fill in a short one, doesn't take long - the childminding self employed part is easy, it is trying to work out tax received on savings that does my head in - I long for building society passbooks rather than on-line accounts!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you register online they will send you a code and then you can put your figures in and it will automatically tell you what is due, although I wouldn't expect there to be anything this year.

If you were employed before Sept 12 then you need to complete employed and self employed section of the return but it is all easy and self explanatory, just take it step by step. You will probably get a refund of some amount of any tax that you paid as employed.
    Debbie