Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi myriamabedi

Well spotted. Yes, if you've started mid year then the hour averaging needs altering. I've done this for quite a few people in the past. There is an email address on the front page of the worksheet. If you email your worksheet to that address and let me know in the email the start date of the business then I can modify it for you. Subsequent years will be ok for you as they'll be full years.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by myriamabedi View Post
    Hi happy toddler

Thanks for the worksheet,just want to ask a quick question,I have started my business on December 2015,supposing that I am using the worksheet to input sales and expenses, on the electricity ,council tax and water expenses ,as I understand it is calculated based on the working hours.And on the yearly account the working hours are added together and divided by weeks to get the average weekly working hour,but if you have traded only for half of the year(6months or 3months),it is still divided by 52,which will give you less average working hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks happy toddlers for those important clarification,I will email the spreadsheet to you later today

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

Can anyone clarify,do business grant counts as income when filling tax return?do i have to record it as income or something else?

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2016/17

Hi. I LOVE the spreadsheet! It has made my life so much easier!! Just wondering when the 2016/17 is out? Apologies if I have missed it xx

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes they do count as income - I believe there is a separate column for grants in your tax return. Make sure you put your receipts of things purchased with any grant money through as that will cancel out the income.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm trying to find the spreadsheet for 2016-2017 ready for next month. I can't seem to find it.

Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 16/17

Hi just wondered when the 2016/2017 workbook would be available? Xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too...ill be lost without it, has made doing the accounts so easy, very very grateful for whoever set it all up, I can do some bits on excel but highly doubt I'd be able to do anything this well!

Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, as a new CM this spreadsheet was a real life saver, I tell you! I hate to be asking like so many others if there will be a spreadsheet for next year?
    Happytoddler, you are my hero!

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Accounts Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by AJU View Post
    Hi there, as a new CM this spreadsheet was a real life saver, I tell you! I hate to be asking like so many others if there will be a spreadsheet for next year?
    Happytoddler, you are my hero!

Hi,

The new spreadsheet can be downloaded from www.horrod.com. The main change is that this version is generic. Enter the FY start year (e.g. 2016) and all the dates and titles within the workbook will automatically update. All the 'first Monday' dates of each month will automatically set themselves up too along with the last day of the financial month.
    Any problems or questions then please do not hesitate to make contact.

Thanks!

11. Likes hectors house, N/A liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing thank you so so much will download it later on x

Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you, Thank You THANK YOU

June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I really appreciate this

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happytoddlers View Post
    Hi,

The new spreadsheet can be downloaded from Childminding Accounts Worksheet Download - Home. The main change is that this version is generic. Enter the FY start year (e.g. 2016) and all the dates and titles within the workbook will automatically update. All the 'first Monday' dates of each month will automatically set themselves up too along with the last day of the financial month.

Thanks!
    Thank you so much Martin, I've sent a donation. I can only afford a small amount but I really do appreciate you sharing this spreadsheet, it saves me so much time!

Sarah

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happytoddlers View Post
    Hi,

The new spreadsheet can be downloaded from Childminding Accounts Worksheet Download - Home. The main change is that this version is generic. Enter the FY start year (e.g. 2016) and all the dates and titles within the workbook will automatically update. All the 'first Monday' dates of each month will automatically set themselves up too along with the last day of the financial month.

Thanks!
    Thank you so much for all your hard work, I have sent you a donation as I have used your spreadsheet for the last 3 years and had never seen we are able to donate anything for your time, it is much appreciated.

Just one quiery 2015/16 ended on the 3.4.16 this years starts on the 6.4.16, could you please advise how to either end last years on the 5th or start this years on the 4th.

Many thanks again x
    Cath

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

You're very welcome Sarah and thank you for the donation. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1975 View Post
    Thank you so much Martin, I've sent a donation. I can only afford a small amount but I really do appreciate you sharing this spreadsheet, it saves me so much time!

Sarah

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cathtee,

You're absolutely right and this is solved in the 16-17 (and onwards) worksheet. Someone else flagged this point a week or so ago. I can alter your 15/16 worksheet to have the extra days, email it to me to the email address on the front page and I'll add'n'return back to you. Same for anyone else.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    Thank you so much for all your hard work, I have sent you a donation as I have used your spreadsheet for the last 3 years and had never seen we are able to donate anything for your time, it is much appreciated.

Just one quiery 2015/16 ended on the 3.4.16 this years starts on the 6.4.16, could you please advise how to either end last years on the 5th or start this years on the 4th.

Many thanks again x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex__17 View Post
    Amazing thank you so so much will download it later on x
    Hello, thanks so much for the spreadsheet again

In regards to 2015/16 form - is there anything I need to alter to show I didn't start trading until July, as because there were no hours worked in April/May/June - it has brought my average hours per week right down to 27 when it is really a lot more than 40.

Thanks

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, The 15-16 worksheet assumes that it was a full year and this is fixed in the 16-17 worksheet. I can alter the 15-16 sheet for you (as I have for many people) to show the correct average hours. Please email your worksheet to the email address shown on the front sheet and I'll amend and return it. Please include the date you started trading so I can enter the correct number of weeks for the equation.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Francis View Post
    Hello, thanks so much for the spreadsheet again

In regards to 2015/16 form - is there anything I need to alter to show I didn't start trading until July, as because there were no hours worked in April/May/June - it has brought my average hours per week right down to 27 when it is really a lot more than 40.

Thanks

Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Issues opening the file

Hi and thank you first of all for creating this spreadsheet. I have a couple of questions though.

I only started minding in October so I have the same problem as a few people have posted about with the calculation of how many hours I have worked.

Also, I mainly work off an iPad as I don't have a computer of my own. I have excel on my iPad and have been using it to do my daily expenses on. I have tried clicking on the link for the new spreadsheet but it just opens it up in a browser window and I can't find an option to save the spreadsheet. Do you know if it is possible to save it on an iPad or do I need to use a computer? (I do have access to a computer but it's my husbands work laptop).

Thanks

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast