Book keeping excel Workbook UPDATED
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default spreadsheet

Have 8 hours later completed the spreadsheet but wondering how to put in split days, eg before and after school, and about formatting for printing. Has anyone done this please?

Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The spreadsheet is setup for tax years running 6th April 2014 till the 5th of April 2015 as this is the tax year dates for the UK. Not sure why the NCMA book is different!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsP2C View Post
    I was wondering the same thing & I can't seem to insert the missing 6 days into the hours worked section.

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi acornbutter,

Really sorry but your questions are out of my area of knowledge! I would advise you speak to HMRC for some free advice. Re:spreadsheet, it's locked but no password. I did this just to stop people accidentally changing cells/formulas.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by acornbutter View Post
    I'm thinking I should put the tutoring on the same spreadsheet but perhaps unlock and edit the wording-and use the same percentage principle as for childminding. The only thing is I don't know if my expenses will actually make any difference to my final TC award. I think you get the full wack until you earn over £5,000-ish
    Thanks for the fantastic spreadsheet of course btw!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there. Thanks soooo much for this spreadsheet, its a god send
    Question is....would you be doing one for next tax year also????? Pleeeeease!!!! xx

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely will be! I've had plenty of feedback with good ideas for improving it. Will upload it before the new tax year starts.

Thanks for using!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy1980 View Post
    Hi there. Thanks soooo much for this spreadsheet, its a god send
    Question is....would you be doing one for next tax year also????? Pleeeeease!!!! xx

6. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spreadsheets

HI I've just seen the excel spreadsheet for doing our expenditure etc but I can't amend it. It looks brill and I have no idea how to do my own anyone able to help me please? Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Have 8 hours later completed the spreadsheet but wondering how to put in split days, eg before and after school, and about formatting for printing. Has anyone done this please?
    Thought I'd better answer this question myself as I've worked out the answer. I right clicked in the row below where I wanted to add the pick up-added an extra row for the same day. The printing is still not ideal but I emailed it to HB instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you declare all your expenses if you are receiving working tax credit rather than paying tax ie you are working less hours? Also if you are doing other work, in my case tutoring can I use the same process-are allowances specific to childminding or do they generally apply to self employed people?
    I did speak to WTC and they stated that I could ask HMRC for further advice but that they were interested in net income only so expenses are important even if you are claiming rather than paying tax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happytoddlers View Post
    Hi acornbutter,

Really sorry but your questions are out of my area of knowledge! I would advise you speak to HMRC for some free advice. Re:spreadsheet, it's locked but no password. I did this just to stop people accidentally changing cells/formulas.

thanks!
    Thanks for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Default working hours

hi

for the section on here, do you list actual working hours or contracted hours?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay.butler View Post
    hi

for the section on here, do you list actual working hours or contracted hours?

thanks
    i invoice month by month, so one invoice could be covered by 2 months on this spreadsheet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hours and Working Tax Credit

I noticed today that if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit the hours you work are important now as there a 2 new brackets between the 16 hours/30 hours thresholds previously. I've read elsewhere that I can claim fuel expense for my return journey, so therefore I'm presuming I should include it as working hours. I'm wondering if anyone knows this for sure as otherwise my working hours, 7.30 to 9.15 am look a bit odd on the spreadsheet. I'm asking as I read that for self employed people, not childminders, business trips are covered but not getting to work-therefore logically the return journey from a school drop off is a grey area minimum. If noone knows of course I will ring HMRCas it would be good to sort this sooner rather than later.
    I'm already aware that I can include book-keeping and preparation time..thankfully the amount of hours its taken already!

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I would like this spreadsheet pretty please

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I'm in a bit of a pickle, I have lost my memory card with my accounts on, so need to start from scratch! Can you help, is there a link from happytoddlers with an accounts spreadsheet?

Thank you!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regalminding View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum but I'm in a bit of a pickle, I have lost my memory card with my accounts on, so need to start from scratch! Can you help, is there a link from happytoddlers with an accounts spreadsheet?

Thank you!
    Post 88 of this thread has the latest spreadsheets

11 06 1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default self employed and new

Hi ive just registered and ive only been childminging for 2 months and not started my accounts yikes.can you guys help me with a spreadsheet . Thanks a million.

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW Accounts Spreadsheet for FY 2015 - 2016 Download Link

Hi,

Here is the spreadsheet for 2015-2016.

Childminding Accounts Worksheet Download - Home

The major change here is the ability to do split working hours in one day. Many CMs have asked for this due to working a shift in the morning and a shift in the afternoon. Hopefully this should make things easier. Again, any comments welcomed.

Thanks all!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again you are an absolute life saver. Thank you so much for sharing this. Lucy. xx

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so very much, I love your spread sheets, they save me so much time and hassle

16/2/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good in all
    Post Thanks / Like

Im new in here, anybody have any idea how i open and use this on my macbook?

Thanks in advance

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Using a Mac to open Excel files

Quote Originally Posted by mymolly1234 View Post
    Im new in here, anybody have any idea how i open and use this on my macbook?

Thanks in advance
    Hi,

I don't have a Mac nor have any experience with them. However if you download LibreOffice for the Mac, I believe you can then open excel files. Libre Office is free opensource software and my daughter has used it (the windows version) for her school work. Click below....

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks,

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast