PDA

View Full Version : Pre-school retainer?

buzzy bee
10-04-2012, 12:51 PM
One of my existing mindees comes 2 full days a week and from September will be going to pre-school on those 2 mornings, so I'll just have her 2 afternoons a week.

In the holidays I'll still have her all day so I'll have to keep that morning free for her...

What do you in this instance - do you charge a retainer for the morning during term time?

It's a friend which makes it a bit more complicated...

QualityCare
10-04-2012, 01:18 PM
If the parent takes the child to school l just charge from 30mins before the child comes out and take the child all day in the holidays, if l take to school they pay all day. Previous posts on this subjects indicates a lot of minders charge for all day.

buzzy bee
10-04-2012, 01:22 PM
If the parent takes the child to school l just charge from 30mins before the child comes out and take the child all day in the holidays, if l take to school they pay all day. Previous posts on this subjects indicates a lot of minders charge for all day.

Thanks... I wouldn't be able to afford to keep the space open though so I wouldn't then be able to take them in the holidays as I'd be full...

samb
10-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I was in a similar situation and ended up agreeing to not charge when the child was at pre school. However, I went from 2 full days (18 hours) with this child to 3 days where I take to pre school and pick up and another 1 day where I just pick up (total of 22 hours) plus I have sibling 3 days (27 hours) so although I could possibly charge the extra 3 mornings (7.5 hrs at half rate - as that what I said I would originally), they said they couldn't really afford to up the hours plus the sibling and pay that too. I decided to waiver it for them. Sometimes I do feel like I shouldn't have backed down, however I don't "need" the cash as such as I have been lucky for them to up the hours so much. Don't agree to things you might regret later - you could try and work out other ways of charging more - up the hourly rate for them to pay more over all for example. How likley are you to find a child who needs mornings only? I used to have 1 who would do 8-12 in the holidays which meant they couldn't have the holiday hours but she needed more and so I have lost that one now as the other child's hours kick in from 12.

miffy
10-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I charge full fees whilst their at play group.

Miffy xx