PDA

View Full Version : activities in holidays??

adele1985
10-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I do my planning on a weekly basis (normally have a topic for every month) do you still do this type of EYFS planning in school holidays or is it more flexable??

last week we done lots of easter crafts so that kept the kids happy all week

This week I was going to start the topic "spring" I only have 2 children every day and at the moment they have just started playing nicely together in the playroom should i just leave them to it

I tend to be more flexable in the holidays and just let them do what ever they want

What does everyone else think

Also do you think its okay to let them watch tv, go on the wii, in the holidays (never really gets used in term time)

Dragonfly
10-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Yes to all them questions!

flowerpots
10-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I do my planning on a weekly basis (normally have a topic for every month) do you still do this type of EYFS planning in school holidays or is it more flexable??

last week we done lots of easter crafts so that kept the kids happy all week

This week I was going to start the topic "spring" I only have 2 children every day and at the moment they have just started playing nicely together in the playroom should i just leave them to it

I tend to be more flexable in the holidays and just let them do what ever they want

What does everyone else think

Also do you think its okay to let them watch tv, go on the wii, in the holidays (never really gets used in term time)

Yes, i do this all year round if they are happy to 'free play' then leave them to it, just observe and add you 2pence when they want/require it. :D

p.s. I always have activities/ideas planned in case they want to do something more structured/adult led. :thumbsup:

mushpea
10-04-2012, 06:46 PM
I leave mine to play if they are happy but when they start to get bored then we either go for a walk or do an activity, somtimes I have things planned like this week I want to make a 3 little pigs story sack so we will read the story then make the pigs one day and add to it each day but they are very much in to storys at the moment, I never force them to do an actviity if they dont want to.
yes the wii, tv etc is fine , infact I have planned a dvd and popcorn afternoon friday although this is just with my own two:D but if I had mindees in the afternoon I would still do this, they need chill time.

adele1985
11-04-2012, 07:57 AM
do you have a limit to how much tv time they have in the holidays

nikki thomson
11-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi, I don't have schoolies in the hols on a regular basis but occasionally I will help someone out and tbh I find the older ones really arn't intrested in structured activities as they work so hard during term time, in our children's school they have 3/4 pieces of homework a week, spelling and reading every night and usually have some sort of project on the go as well so there all shattered by the time hols come along.
My children are friends with the 2 mindee's so they all tend to just go off and play together it's really nice as its only once in a blue moon. X