PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit tomorrow!!!

deb thompson
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi,
Got my visit tomorrow, freaking out a bit (lot)!!

Do the inspectors usually come first thing in the morning? My Mrs O didn't give me a time and I was in such a tiz I forgot to ask but kind of assumed she'd come in the morning.

Still not decided what activity to set up.....I thought maybe gloop for 1 yr old, added glitter and bits and cars in for 2 yr old and junk modelling for 3 yr old (ages were suggested by la lady).

House is as clean as it'll get, bar cleaning up at the end of today after my toddler has ripped it apart again.

think all my paperwork is done and house is safe, need to go over risk assessments.....

What else do I need to do? any tips/advice?

Thanks
debx

silvermist
10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi Deb, its sounds like you are pretty well organised. Im not sure about the time as I was given a time but yes it was in the morning. The only bit of advice I can give you is have you completed the pre reg visit booklet. I found that really useful. Just relax and be yourself, Im sure you will be fine. My Mrs O was really friendly! Good luck xx

deb thompson
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi Tink,
Thanks for your reply, I've done the pre-reg booklet, going to go over it again tonight and all my safeguarding things. Glad you got a nice Mrs O, mine sounded quite friendly on the phone so fingers crossed! How long do they stay for? i'm having my Mum take my little boy to a play place for the morning, I'm guessing about 3 hrs, my visit from my local council lady lasted 2.5hrs!

just want it to be over now x

kat27
10-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi Deb
Mrs O was with me for 3 hours but she registered me and my mother so said it would take longer. She was ok, didn't give me any advisory's just registered us both which was good as i'd put so much hard work into the paperwork etc lol. Have you got something like an all about me plan to give to parents to fill in? I'd done one thankfully as she asked me if i had something in place for that. She was really indepth with safeguarding and quizzed us lots on policies and procedures. Good luck tomorrow i'm sure you'll be fine :)
Kat x

sam411
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Good luck tomorrow, I have mine on Friday and the lady told me she would come at 10am and be there for about 2 and half hours.
Are we supposed to set an activity up? I haven't seen that anywhere??? Now I'm freaking. Also haven't done an 'all about me form 'like some else suggested, done pretty much every other piece of paperwork! Oh well will wait and see!
Good luck again, let us know how it went! x

silvermist
10-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi Tink,
Thanks for your reply, I've done the pre-reg booklet, going to go over it again tonight and all my safeguarding things. Glad you got a nice Mrs O, mine sounded quite friendly on the phone so fingers crossed! How long do they stay for? i'm having my Mum take my little boy to a play place for the morning, I'm guessing about 3 hrs, my visit from my local council lady lasted 2.5hrs!

just want it to be over now x

Mine was with me for about 2 hours. I really hope it all goes well for you. Let us know how you get on. x:thumbsup:

kat27
10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Good luck tomorrow, I have mine on Friday and the lady told me she would come at 10am and be there for about 2 and half hours.
Are we supposed to set an activity up? I haven't seen that anywhere??? Now I'm freaking. Also haven't done an 'all about me form 'like some else suggested, done pretty much every other piece of paperwork! Oh well will wait and see!
Good luck again, let us know how it went! x

Sam I didn't set up an activity either. She just walked around my house (rooms i wanted registering and then sat with us for the rest of the time and inputted everything we said on her laptop. Also make sure you have all the CRB's to hand from everyone in the property. I had a stress when she got here as she wanted to see my partners and i'd forgotten where i'd put it ooops :blush: .
You'll be fine I was so stressed out but it went well. Good luck xx

sam411
10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks for that kat27, feel better now lol. Will do as much as I can. Its very stressful all this to become a childminder, hope it happens now and I get some children to look after!

silvermist
10-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi Deb, hope you are feeling calmer now. Just wanted to wish you good luck again. x:thumbsup:

deb thompson
10-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys, it's all helping me calm down a bit, except the bit about crbs ours aren't back yet!!

Also glad to hear others didn't have to set up an activity, I'm just going to set up the table for painting.

I've done an all about me and whole learning journey with planner and started parent packs and done a daily diary (Sarah's ebook really helped me with these......worked so hard for the last month getting it all right, not to mention policies and permissions. Just going to date some risk assessments and do a few more then go over safeguarding...again!! oh and find all the car docs.... arghhhhhhh

Can't wait to have a lovely glass of wine tomorrow night!

Thanks for all the help, i'll let you know how it goes xx
Good luck for Friday Sam x

silvermist
10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys, it's all helping me calm down a bit, except the bit about crbs ours aren't back yet!!

Also glad to hear others didn't have to set up an activity, I'm just going to set up the table for painting.

I've done an all about me and whole learning journey with planner and started parent packs and done a daily diary (Sarah's ebook really helped me with these......worked so hard for the last month getting it all right, not to mention policies and permissions. Just going to date some risk assessments and do a few more then go over safeguarding...again!! oh and find all the car docs.... arghhhhhhh

Can't wait to have a lovely glass of wine tomorrow night!

Thanks for all the help, i'll let you know how it goes xx
Good luck for Friday Sam x

Dont worry about the crbs, I dont think mine where back before my visit! Cant remember now but it doesnt matter, youll just need to ring ofsted when they do come.:thumbsup:

deb thompson
10-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Ahhh that's a relief, thanks Tink x

silvermist
10-04-2012, 07:25 PM
No worries, now...chill out x:D

lisajones1980
10-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Had mine last Wed. Only lasted an hour. Looked around each room I'd be using. Didn't have all my cupboard locks etc on so showed her my list of everything that needed completing before I started minding.
Looked at my policies and risk assessments and asked a lot of questions. Completing the pre reg sheet definitely helped (I didn't refer back to it, but it helped jog my memory when she asked a question I'd already answered)
Showed her the forms and permissions I'll ask parents/carers to complete so I have all of the required info.

Good luck, you'll be fine.
Don't worry if you get stuck, they're there to help

Lisa x

kat27
11-04-2012, 07:56 AM
good luck today!!! x