PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Packs

Belly2009
10-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I have a potential mindee's parents coming to see me this evening for a breakfast and afterschool slot.

I am very new to childminding and my first set of parents didnt even look at the very basic welcome pack i had put together.

I want to update this and wondered what info ppl put into it....

What I have so far is a 5 page document with the following paragraphs:

1. About me and my family
2. Childminding services I provide
3. Hours of Service
4. Fees
5. Annual Review of Fees (Whats included in fees,settling period, late collection, payment of fees and overdue payments)
6. Holidays (Training days, schoiol holidays, sickness, adverse weather)
7. Contracts
8. Deposits and Retainers

Also, I have limited information on the hours required at the moment but I also wondered how breakfast and after school contracts worked

Thanks

rickysmiths
10-04-2012, 10:37 AM
High there.

It depends on whether they need before and after school term time only or if they will want full time care in the holidays as well.

If it is term time only I charge a set rate for before school and for after school.

If it is for term and holdays I would charge my hourly rate for the hours used.

If it was for term time only I would work out my hourly rate for the 39 weeks and then half that for the 13 weeks holiday and add the two together and divide by 39 to give a fee for term time only that included a half fee retainer for the holiday though the parent would feel they weren't paying for the holiday time.

So if the fees were £100pw x 39 = 3900
£50pw x 13 = 650

Total = 4550 divided by 39 = £116.66pw during term time only.

Belly2009
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks Rickysmiths, thats really helpful.

What kinda prices do you charge for sessions if its term time only if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

High there.

It depends on whether they need before and after school term time only or if they will want full time care in the holidays as well.

If it is term time only I charge a set rate for before school and for after school.

If it is for term and holdays I would charge my hourly rate for the hours used.

If it was for term time only I would work out my hourly rate for the 39 weeks and then half that for the 13 weeks holiday and add the two together and divide by 39 to give a fee for term time only that included a half fee retainer for the holiday though the parent would feel they weren't paying for the holiday time.

So if the fees were £100pw x 39 = 3900
£50pw x 13 = 650

Total = 4550 divided by 39 = £116.66pw during term time only.