PDA

View Full Version : Wil Ofsted ask my assistant questions?

jadavi
10-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Hi I was wondering if my assistant is likely to be grilled at all in my first inspection next week She is particularly shy and I don't want her to have the stress. She is actually recovering from a break down and was working with kids as a form of therapy. Trouble is I do need her on the day as it'll be four little ones . She is great with the kids, just doesn't like adults much.... She wanted to do this as Vol work but we had to crb her anyway and she ended up being an assistant. maybe it would be better if I called her a volunteer then Ofsted wouldn't expect so much from her. What do you think?

muffins
10-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm sorry to say it but yes ofsted did ask my assistant questions, although I wouldn't say she grilled her! She asked her about emergancy procedures, awareness of ratios when not together, does she know policies etc.

She didn't speak to her for long if that helps, or me for that matter:thumbsup:

flowerpots
10-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry to say it but yes ofsted did ask my assistant questions, although I wouldn't say she grilled her! She asked her about emergancy procedures, awareness of ratios when not together, does she know policies etc.

She didn't speak to her for long if that helps, or me for that matter:thumbsup:

Im dreading my next inspection for this reason, my dh is my assisstant and although he knows all he needs to know if they asked him about the childrens learning journeys or development queations he wouldnt have a clue :blush: he just does what i tell him to do :laughing: