PDA

View Full Version : a few questions (pre-reg on monday)

Ebs71
31-05-2008, 08:01 PM
:panic: Hi ladies, as i mentioned i have my pre-reg 9.30 on monday morning, ive been going through my house all day today cleaning and checking everything is in order. i got myself in such a state last night worrying :panic: that i would forget something etc that i had a massive asthma attack and had paramedics come, they wanted to take me in but i insisted i would call 999 again if i had another. obviously im better today but still worrying, so i was hoping you kind ladies could help me with a couple of questions?

toilet brush... is it aloud in the bathroom?

I.D. .... do i ask the inspector for her I.D when i open the door or will she think im jumping the gun so to speak?

shall i offer her a drink or will she think im being over friendly

Shall i show her my wish list of things im getting in the future?

I have decoration twigs in a vase on floor, would that be classed as a hazzard?

Also does anyone know where i can get cups with lids on for hot drinks?

Sorry so many questions. thanks in advance

Ebs xx

cloud9
31-05-2008, 08:14 PM
:panic: Hi ladies, as i mentioned i have my pre-reg 9.30 on monday morning, ive been going through my house all day today cleaning and checking everything is in order. i got myself in such a state last night worrying :panic: that i would forget something etc that i had a massive asthma attack and had paramedics come, they wanted to take me in but i insisted i would call 999 again if i had another. obviously im better today but still worrying, so i was hoping you kind ladies could help me with a couple of questions?

toilet brush... is it aloud in the bathroom?

I.D. .... do i ask the inspector for her I.D when i open the door or will she think im jumping the gun so to speak?

shall i offer her a drink or will she think im being over friendly

Shall i show her my wish list of things im getting in the future?

I have decoration twigs in a vase on floor, would that be classed as a hazzard?

Also does anyone know where i can get cups with lids on for hot drinks?

Sorry so many questions. thanks in advance

Ebs xx

Hi i;ll try and help but i will do one at a time

firstly: Toilet brushes need to be out of the way, germs, bleach on them etc

2. You should ask for I.D before you let anyone unknown into the house, and if you're not sure you need to verify it with someone and they will have to wait outside (even if it is an ofsted inspector!)

3. I offered mine a drink just because i would usually do this with people, but dont then go to do one and leave the mindee's with her!

4. You dont have to show her your wish list but im sure she would be interested to know how you plan to improve the facilities, equipment to help the children develop

5. I'D maybe not have the twig vase accessible to the children it could be a hazard with poking eyes:)

and

Lastly the cups i would go to a local cash and carry if you haven't joined one all you need to do is take your ofsted certificate to prove you are a business.

Hope this helps and good luck i'm sure you will do fine on your inspection.

Ebs71
31-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Thankyou so much for your reply, you gave the answers i thought you would. really helpful xx :)

manjay
31-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Please try not to get yourself so worried. At this first visit they are just there to help and advise. If they see anything they are not happy with they will give you a list and you have to put them right before minding commences.

Don't do toilet brushes myself - Have you never seen how clean is your house:laughing: but I would say not to have it in the loo the mindees will use. Too tempting I think. My ds would be trying to brush his hair with it if we had one.

My inspector thrust her id at me as soon as I opened the door but I would have asked if she hadn't.

Mine had 2 cups of tea she was here that long

I think a wish list is a good idea as it shows that if you don't have all the things now you have at least thought about what you will need

I had decoration twigs in my house and my inspector never mentioned them.

Also think it is worth saying that each inspector is different and what one sees as a problem another doesn't iyswim

Good luck and chill:thumbsup:

Wendy Woo
31-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi i;ll try and help but i will do one at a time

firstly: Toilet brushes need to be out of the way, germs, bleach on them etc

2. You should ask for I.D before you let anyone unknown into the house, and if you're not sure you need to verify it with someone and they will have to wait outside (even if it is an ofsted inspector!)

3. I offered mine a drink just because i would usually do this with people, but dont then go to do one and leave the mindee's with her!

4. You dont have to show her your wish list but im sure she would be interested to know how you plan to improve the facilities, equipment to help the children develop

5. I'D maybe not have the twig vase accessible to the children it could be a hazard with poking eyes:)

and

Lastly the cups i would go to a local cash and carry if you haven't joined one all you need to do is take your ofsted certificate to prove you are a business.

Hope this helps and good luck i'm sure you will do fine on your inspection.

This is wot i would say to but i just wanted to say try and chill out and relax its not that bad and u will be fine
x x x x:)

Spangles
31-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh no! Now what am I supposed to do with my toilet brush!

Good luck for Monday!

manjay
31-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh no! Now what am I supposed to do with my toilet brush!

Good luck for Monday!

Sorry!! It's one of my phobias

angeldelight
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Yuk I detest toilet brushes

Good luck with your pre reg on Monday keep us posted

Angel xx

miffy
01-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow

Let us know how you get on

miffy xx

emler
01-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you will be fine

Emler x

jw19nr
01-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I think you have already had very good advise. Just wanted to say, I got rid of my toilet brush and bought one of the ones with the disposable heads. Biodigradable ones that can flush down the loo. Then you don't need to worry about it. If not, have you got somewhere up high to put it? ie on top of a cabinet?

karenjoy
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Hiya

Dont worry its not that bad!!

Mine never said anything about our toilet brush!!

Just about the bleach on the windowsil, we have a separte toilet and I had forgot to move it!