PDA

View Full Version : Swimming with mindees?

Becci26
09-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if you take mindees swimming, as thinking about going this week, I realise I would need to do permission forms and a RA.

Interested in your thoughts on this :thumbsup:

missymood
09-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if you take mindees swimming, as thinking about going this week, I realise I would need to do permission forms and a RA.

Interested in your thoughts on this :thumbsup:

Yes I do as long as you have permissions and risk assess it!
Have fun mine love it :clapping:

karens knippers
09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I do. Do RA and get permission then enjoy. I always make sure I go with another adult or childminder. have fun:jump for joy:

blue bear
09-04-2012, 09:35 PM
It's been a while as here you can only take 2 under 8years but we go if the opportunity arises, children love it.

miffy
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes, but check with your local baths first, some have very strict ratios.

Miffy xx

SammyM
10-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Yes I'd agree, our ratios are rubbish, only 1 child child to 1 adult, can't even take my own dd & ds :panic::panic:

We have to go to the next local authorities pool!!

stargazer1
10-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi guys, sorry to hijack this post, but I am just about to be registered and was wondering this very thing. When you say RA, do you do a written RA every time you go anywhere, or do you just do it as you go and not write it down? Im a bit confused about RAs to be honest. If I do a written RA for eerything I do and everywhere I go Im going to have paperwork coming out my ears! x

mama2three
10-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi guys, sorry to hijack this post, but I am just about to be registered and was wondering this very thing. When you say RA, do you do a written RA every time you go anywhere, or do you just do it as you go and not write it down? Im a bit confused about RAs to be honest. If I do a written RA for eerything I do and everywhere I go Im going to have paperwork coming out my ears! x

At the moment ( current eyfs) they are written - new eyfs from sept the requirement is changing slightly and we need to judge for ourselves whether they need to be written!
The swimming one is one Id say needs writing though! Many of my others wont be , or will be one per type of outing rather than actual place .

sillysausage
10-04-2012, 09:34 AM
I take mindees swimming occasionally, however I plan it carefully to make sure that I only ever have one child who is a non-swimmer. You definitely need to check with your local pool how many children they allow in per adult. At our local pool it is 2 under eights per adult.

Christi
10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I sent a text to the parents the first time I took them to say we were all safely out!