PDA

View Full Version : SAF

JAC DO
09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Ok, spend most of the weekend completing my form but not sure what to put for the following, I feel like I'm just repating myself and wondreing what has everyone else put -

How do you check paretns children have a postive experince?
1. Ambience or atmosphere
1. Clear purpose
3. Diligence and compliance

Thank You

manjay
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Clear purpose - Basically do you do what it says on the tin?:rolleyes: Do you have robust policies that underpin the way in which your setting is run? Are these policies working documents that are referred to regularly or are they packed away in a cupboard collecting dust? Do you make it clear from the outset what type of setting you provide? How do you do this? Do the parents kknow exactly how their children will be cared for? again how? How do you work out the needs of each child and how do you tailor your service to meet these needs? Do you have any links with other agencies? Maybe Flying Start or Social Services, how do you let them know what you do?

Diligence and compliance - Are you confident that you keep up to date with changes in the childcare sector? How do you do this? How do you show you comply with NMS? Do you make parents aware of the regulatory requirements? and the importance of inspections by CSSIW? Do you have a good working relationship with parents whereby they could come to you with any concerns? Do your policies make it clear to parents how complaints are dealt with? Are you diligent in regards to safety? Do you have a full set of risk assessments?

Ambience or atmosphere - Do you offer a safe, homely environment? How do you evidence this? Do you have observations of children who are clearly enjoying their time with you? Do you consider how your environment is set out? are your resources accessible? Is it a fun environment for children? Do the children feel part of your setting? for example pictures of them or art work they have done? does that give them a sense of belonging? Is the setting light and airy? Are calm colours used? soft furnishings? Do you get plenty of natural light? Can you shade out direct sunlight? Do you have a cleaning regime that you follow?

I will stop now as I could go on for ever;). These are just some thoughts off the top of my head which may give you an idea of something else to write. There are lots of questions I know but thinking about the answers to these may help.

Hope this helps

amanda x

JAC DO
30-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Thank you form all filled in now, just waiting for the knock on the door now.