PDA

View Full Version : How do you present your paperwork to Ofsted?

Rosy Days
09-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi all, just wondering how you present all your paperwork and evidence to Ofsted? How do you organise it? Do you present it all in one big file? Do you use separate document wallets? Or do you just spread it out on a table?

Obviously Learning Journeys/RA files/attendance registers etc will be shown as they are, but just wondering how you present other paperwork?

Just interested really how everyone does it? x :)

muffins
09-04-2012, 05:11 PM
I just usually dump all the folders its in on the sofa next to them & carry on with mindees!:thumbsup:

Joda
09-04-2012, 05:54 PM
When I had my inspection a few weeks ago I placed all my folders with all my info, paperwork photo's etc in a large box on the settee in the playroom - she sat next to it and just pulled out what she wanted to see as they were all clearly labelled. All the mindee's Learning Journey folders were out on the desk (where they usually are) so she could see they are easily accessible to parents.
I kept the medication/accident book locked in my filing cabinet along with all the children's records until she asked to see them.

While I was playing with the children and sorting lunch out, the inspector looked through all the folders in the box.

rickysmiths
09-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I had my folders out on the dining room table.

I prefer to have a number of smaller folders. I did have one 'Portfolio' but it just got too big. :laughing:

I have the following folders now:

Parent Info Folder which has a bit about me and what I odder and a few photos of my setting, my Ofsted report and Cert., copy of my insurance PL, copy of my First Aid Cert, copies of the contract and all the forms I ask parents to fill in and sign, a copy of all my Policies and Procedures, a leaflet about EYFS, a copy of the HPA document for childcare settings with the details about exclusions for different illnesses.

Parent Feedback Folder with all the letters and cards etc that I have been given over the years. A few names and numbers for references.

Outings Folder with photos of places we go to regularly, Guide books and leaflets about the places.

Risk Assessment folder with all my RAs, my and dh car insurance, mots, house insurance, fire escape practice record, info about power sockets, record of Fire Brigade Visit, letter recording my registration as a Food Business, IOC registration, CRBs, This folder is info for me and Ofsted I would not put it out for parents.

Planning I the year with annual festivals etc and copies of resources, templates and web sites I use.

Planning 2 any other resources I use for themes etc.

Then each child has a folder with their contract, signed permissions etc, their
Learning Journals, development records and individual planning.

Attendance Register (NCMA)

Accident/Incident/medication Folder (NCMA)

Cork board with the Ofsted Poster, My Reg Cert, My First Aid Cert, My Public Liability Cert and my Employers Ins Cert.

primula
09-04-2012, 08:14 PM
I just put all my paperwork on the table and the inspector looked at some of it and then brought some of with her when I moved into a different room!
Rickysmiths all that's got to be worth an Outstanding!??:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I just put all my paperwork on the table and the inspector looked at some of it and then brought some of with her when I moved into a different room!
Rickysmiths all that's got to be worth an Outstanding!??:thumbsup:

Unfortunately not! Good with outstandings but I got a pig of an inspector :rolleyes:

miffy
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I put everything on the table and left the inspector to it :D

Miffy xx

kats
10-04-2012, 06:33 AM
I put everything spread out on the table and left her to it :)

flowerpots
10-04-2012, 07:58 AM
I put everything spread out on the table and left her to it :)

^^^^ This. I just dumped it on the floor next to the settee and left her to it. :D

nannysue
10-04-2012, 08:55 AM
I just put everything she would possibly need to look at on the kitchen table which she said was easier for her, and i wasn't having to find stuff when required as on other inspections .

Far less stressful too !:thumbsup:

I just carried on as normal , she joined us in the garden for a while, and asked a few questions here and there , but mainly sat going through all the paperwork.

sillysausage
10-04-2012, 09:35 AM
In a huge big pile lol!