PDA

View Full Version : Planning & Observations

Carol Raeburn
08-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi,

I have a 10 month starting on the 16th April and I cant wait :)
2 girls school holidays only 4 & 5 years just started last week.
2 boys before and after school 3 times a week.

I already have in place a long term planning sheet to work along side however i seen a feed on here and some mindees do not bother with long or medium term planning, what would you advise with the ages of children have above??

What I am planning on doing with the 10 month old is getting to know him first and seeing what his interests are and then look at the planning and LJ although I still dont really know what I am doing with these :) do you think this is OK?

With the 2 girls (4 & 5 yrs old ) even thou I am just getting to know these mindees should I be doing an observation this week for these even thou they are only here for next week then back to school?

With the 2 boys what paperwork do you do for mindees you have 3 days a week ages 7 & 8??

Any advise and comments are more than welcome :)

Many thanks

Carol

sarah707
08-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I have a 10 month starting on the 16th April and I cant wait :)
2 girls school holidays only 4 & 5 years just started last week.
2 boys before and after school 3 times a week.

I already have in place a long term planning sheet to work along side however i seen a feed on here and some mindees do not bother with long or medium term planning, what would you advise with the ages of children have above??

I have planning for the older ones - they mostly write their own and we talk about what they want to do so I can check I have resources.

I do it as much as anything to keep them busy and focussed - the time passes quicker for them.

If they don't want to join in or they just want to make dens fine! Not a problem.

What I am planning on doing with the 10 month old is getting to know him first and seeing what his interests are and then look at the planning and LJ although I still dont really know what I am doing with these :) do you think this is OK?

Sounds good to me! Use what parents tell you and your own obs to get to know him.

With the 2 girls (4 & 5 yrs old ) even thou I am just getting to know these mindees should I be doing an observation this week for these even thou they are only here for next week then back to school?

They need some kind of scrap book or file showing the things they get up to at your house.

It can mostly be photos with brief notes and links to the eyfs... the girls can add their pictures too

With the 2 boys what paperwork do you do for mindees you have 3 days a week ages 7 & 8??

Not a lot! At this age they mostly want to take their things home which is ok with me.

They have photo albums and add bits and bobs occasionally too

Any advise and comments are more than welcome :)

Many thanks

Carol

Hope this helps! :D

Carol Raeburn
08-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks Sarah,

I wish I could borrow you for a few months and check through my paperwork and things to make sure I am on the right track :D

When I have the boys I tend to put everything into a scrapbook they tend to do what they want :clapping:

I have taken lots of photos of the girls (4&5) and put them on my web page and the parents have commented saying they have had a great time etc I will print them off and make a scrap book as you say linking to the EYFS.

The 10 month old I will speak to the mum during the settling in period and see what he enjoys doing most :)

I hope I am on the right track and Sarah if you are ever further up north please drop in :laughing::laughing::laughing: