PDA

View Full Version : sleeping arrangements

Rachel1983
07-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi all

i need advice.... sure i should already know this but i don't.... can i have two children having naps at the same time in the same room.... if not can i have one in the childrens bedroom and one in my room... or one in the childrens room and the other in the living room....
both children will be one when they start so will both need morning and afternoon naps lasting from an hour to 2 hours...

i'd rather they were both in the same room...

Thanks in advance

:jump for joy:

Cazz
07-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Sorry I don't actually know if there's a rule about this or not, but I would think you can have them both in the same room if the room is registered and they both have a suitable, safe place to sleep with their own bedding.

It may be an idea to make sure each parent is happy with their child sharing though.

I'm sure someone will come along and say if that's not correct.

rickysmiths
07-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I have my whole house registered so I can have total flexibility when it comes to sleeping children.

I was a firm believer in putting sleeping children into their own rooms so they did not disturb each other until a couple of years ago when my circumstances changed for a few moths and I had to sleep children in the same room. It worked a treat.

I now have a combination. By an large all my children sleep at the same time after lunch so I can have up to four children asleep.

Rachel1983
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
so they can share a room and there is no rule against this ???

Monkey26
07-04-2012, 02:17 PM
On a Tuesday I have 7 children (assistant + variation!) that nap after lunch...

1 in spare bedroom - she plays up when other children in same room during nap time!
2 in my room - one on the bed, other in travel cot
2 in playroom - one on sofa, other in pushchair
2 in living room - one on sofa, other in pushchair

All rooms in my house are registered, all sleeping arrangements have been risk assessed and discussed with individual parents. These positions work best for these specific children but I am able to be flexible as I have another travel cot and some of the thin camping type mattresses but like I say this is what works best for this little group! My assistant and I end up with a super sparkly kitchen on Tuesday's as this is the only space left for us during the hour and a half they all nap hahaha xx

Rachel1983
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
On a Tuesday I have 7 children (assistant + variation!) that nap after lunch...

1 in spare bedroom - she plays up when other children in same room during nap time!
2 in my room - one on the bed, other in travel cot
2 in playroom - one on sofa, other in pushchair
2 in living room - one on sofa, other in pushchair

All rooms in my house are registered, all sleeping arrangements have been risk assessed and discussed with individual parents. These positions work best for these specific children but I am able to be flexible as I have another travel cot and some of the thin camping type mattresses but like I say this is what works best for this little group! My assistant and I end up with a super sparkly kitchen on Tuesday's as this is the only space left for us during the hour and a half they all nap hahaha xx

wow... 7 no way i could handle 7 at the same time....
thank you for your advice and help very useful