PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go 'out and about'?

greenfields
06-04-2012, 08:31 PM
(This excludes popping to the shop, posting a letter. ;) ...) Where do you go that is local to you to get out and about during the week?

jumping j
06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
playgroups,
sure start for childminding groups, used to go for their regular sessions but got the cold shoulder when they realised I was a childminder:angry:
library for singing and story sessions,
local park and lake to feed the ducks
my dad's farm
soft play area
we had a trip on the bus last month to go to the library, each lo paid for their own ticket and said thank you to the driver:clapping:
anywhere to get out and stop me going mad!!!:laughing:

Twinkles
06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
woods
fields
lakes
hills

....actually anywhere muddy :D

Maza
06-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Do you mean with the kiddies whilst working or just by yourself/with other adults? When working we do playgroups, commons, parks, field, walks around the block, local shops etc. When I'm not working DD and I go swimming or further afield to a museum, soft play, dance class, shopping centres, garden centre etc. At the weekend we go out in the car with DH and visit friends, go to parks further away or to woods where I wouldn't go by myself. Often have lunch in a kid friendly pub. Would love it if I had a beach/castle/farm within walking distance!

How about you?

missymood
06-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Ducks, soft play, canal centre, woods, swimming, library, toddler group, various parks, childminder group and meet up with friends

singingcactus
07-04-2012, 08:10 AM
We have a little soft play frame and a couple of play parks on the unit. But beyond that I have to travel in the car to go anywhere, and with school and nursery pick ups drop offs etc I just don't get to go anywhere with my kids at the moment. We do go to other people houses and they come to ours though for play dates and fun.
Although during holidays, when I have kids, we do go to the local arboretum which is totally brilliant. We get to watch the birds of prey display, run in the trees, play on the equipment etc. We will go to the exotic pet shop too, and the kids get to see the snakes, lizards, tortoises and hedgehogs.
But to be honest it's dire here for places to go, I do get a bit jealous when you all have places to visit.

flowerpots
07-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Parks, ducks, library, soft play, playgroups, childminding groups, cm friends houses, or sometimes we just go for a walk. :thumbsup:

nikki thomson
07-04-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm rarely in tbh, usually out n about most mornings during term time when I work, we go to the farm, toddler group, lakes, park, soft play, tumble tots, woods.
I'd go totally mad if I had to stay in, even with my own children were always out n about. X

kellib
07-04-2012, 08:52 AM
We go to toddlers at soft play, various local parks, the city farm, feed the ducks and just out for walks.

We tend to do all that in the morning so in the afternoon they are tired enough for naps :thumbsup:

AliceK
07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Various parks / playgrounds, Lake, Woods, Garden Centres, Soft-Play, sometimes meet up with another local childminder at one of our houses. We used to have a small petting farm within 15 mins drive which was great as very child friendly and small enough to feel safe with the LO's but it closed down so now we don't have anywhere like that locally :(

xxxx

mushpea
07-04-2012, 04:55 PM
we tend to go to the park, meet up with other childminders at theirs or our houses, walk in the woods, a local heathland, somtimes visit animals at the local garden center, whatever takes our fancy really.

Monkey26
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
We are within walking distance of several parks, a cycle path that runs alongside the train track/estuary and our local beach :thumbsup:

Further afield by car, bus or train we can access some bigger parks, lots of ducks/swans along the canal, a cathedral, a forest, world of country life (petting farm/museum/play area), museum, donkey sanctuary...

40 mins drive away is a Coastal Zoo, same distance but slightly different direction is a fab park and splash park.

Just over an hour away is the main Zoo and the same distance but slightly different direction is an Aquarium.

Very lucky I guess then but sometimes still struggle with ideas in the holidays!! Xx

PerkyEars
07-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Parks (various, with different things to do at each one), library, soft-play, childminding group, pre-school drop in group, city farm, homeschool group, swimming, local one-off events.

There are lots of museums and zoos further afield, but without a car it's a bit of a struggle, so I always stick to what's within walking distance. If I had transport I might branch out a bit.

VeggieSausage
07-04-2012, 10:09 PM
parks, library, toddler groups, other minders houses and gardens, walks...

mama2three
07-04-2012, 10:33 PM
much the same as everyone else , we are lucky to be on the edge of the forest , with lovely country parks , farms , etc all around. we go to the toddler groups , library , softplay , museum , cm group , garden centre , pet-shop , shops and cafes. Weve been to the bus station and tractor dealer too , not my idea of a fun trip but little L loved it!!

miffy
08-04-2012, 07:20 AM
We have two parks within the village and another adventure trail for older children. We also go to the children's centre, library, play group, singing group, tumble tots and visit friends.

Miffy xx