PDA

View Full Version : 11 yr old girls?????

marnieb
06-04-2012, 07:23 AM
I've been contacted by a mum at ds's school, who is unhappy with her current cm, and has asked me to have her kids. Her ds is 7, same year group as my son so no problem there.

But she has an 11yr old girl, and hre friend wants me to have her 11 yr old 2 days a weeks as well!!! Now, I have told her that my place is small, and I'm happy for the girls to spend an afternoon here before mum's make their minds up.

But, what do 11 yr old girls like????? I have a Wii they can use, but do they still like to bake at that age?? Hama Beads?? Argh, mind gone blank can't think of anything else!!!!! Help me oh wise ones!!!!! :laughing:

And I cant wait to find out why they're changing cm's.......... :littleangel:

silvermist
06-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Hiya, I have an 11 yr old girl starting after easter. When they came to visit I spent quite a bit of time asking her what she liked doing, what her interests are etc. She told me she likes craft so thats that sorted. I also know from experience that she may also just want to chill out after school and watch tv. You'll be fine, just talk to her and then you'll know what to do. Good luck x

Bridey
06-04-2012, 07:30 AM
I look after an 11 year old boy two days a week. He has access to my spare room with a sofa, a tv, a ps2, age appropriate dvds and games. He loves his special room - sits and does his homework and chills. When he wants he is free to come downstairs and join in with the younger ones, run around the garden or do art & crafts etc.

miffy
06-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I'd suggest having a chat with the girls when they come to spend the afternoon.

Mine would still like to bake at that age as well as crafts, some like helping with the younger children, others would get their homework done and then like to watch TV or just read and chill.

Miffy xx

Nick22
06-04-2012, 09:07 AM
It's such a variable age, I have girls, one at aged 11 would be happy to play dolls, bake, crafts, watch disney movies, dress up etc. My youngest however is the other extreme - now aged 12 it's boys, internet, facebook, going out into town with her friends!! She does love baking and crafts, it might be a good idea to have a few ground rules.

francinejayne
06-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I look after an 11 year old girl who is at high school. she makes her own way here after school. my house has a lounge which is registered but I don't really use for minding much as I don't have toys in there :clapping: so H sometimes goes and slouches on the huge bean bag in there and watches TV without the little ones pestering her.

I am usually in the back of the house which is where we have all the cm toys etc, sometimes H chooses to come in here with us, she just sits and chills, watching the others playing and chats to me; sometimes she joins in with the little ones games (she plays childminder and the 3 - 4 year olds love being her children!) and she also likes doing crafts.

PixiePetal
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I had one who loved writing stories so I made her mini books for her ideas and stories

she also liked hama beads, crafts and playing with the little ones. as well as just chilling or doing homework

mumof4
06-04-2012, 08:11 PM
I look after 11 yr old twin Girls, they walk to the primary school and wait for me. At home they like to chill out with the tv or xbox. They often do some homework on the computer. one likes to play with the babies and the other likes to play on scooters with the boys on the front. So far they have been very easy to look after, dont know when they hit the teenage years though! :)

karen m
06-04-2012, 09:34 PM
I have an 11 yr old girl at the moment and she is such a delight,normal hour are after school till 6.45 but as schools off had her this week from 7.30 till 6 ,long day as she was only mindee today ,she brought her laptop ,mum has parental settings on it ,but most of day we have baked various cakes ,biscuits,went for a walk then she went on laptop to play games age appropriate,then she read a while. When other mindees are here she loves joining in skittles,bat and ball ,hoola hoop,hama beads,drawing.Ask, at that age they are mostly good and will mix sometimes she sits and just watches lo playing with me

Mollymop
07-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I have had 11 year old girls in the past - I found, personally, that they can be hard work, they were fine before and after school but in the holidays they got bored really easily, I tried everything, wii, hama beads, moondoh, baking, dancing, going to parks, movie afternoons - bent over backwards to please them but all they wanted to do was sulk and say they were bored!! So for me, never again!:panic:
But of course might be different for you especially if it is just for a few hours a day x

VeggieSausage
07-04-2012, 10:18 PM
baking, crafts, sewing, draw on t-shirts with fabric pens, make jewellery, get them to bring what they like doing, reading, wii etc, films, helping with younger ones.....

marnieb
08-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks ladies!! I met L on friday, and she seems like a lovely girl, loves babies (:thumbsup: ) , drawing, watching films. She seems quite quiet and happy to go with the flow!!

mindingmummy
08-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I had my twin 11 year old nieces this week....

They spent a good couple of hours doing decopatch (ebay stock it)
They love any amount of glueing and sticking, colouring, drawing, baking, beads, we went to the park, they enjoy the wii.