PDA

View Full Version : Holiday charges

Louise78
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi all - how should i work this out - talking to the Mum of the children i childmind for today about holidays during the summer holidays - our contract states if i take time off there is no charge but if the children dont attend its full charge - she wants to take the children away for a week and i want a week off so obviously it makes sense for this to be the same week so what do i do about charging her? charge half?
thanks in advance

miffy
05-04-2012, 09:49 PM
If you are both happy with half fees I would say that's a good compromise.

I always ask parents to let me know when they'll be on holiday but often they will wait to see if I'm having time off so they don't have to pay :rolleyes:, half fees sounds fair to me.

Miffy xx

Bridey
05-04-2012, 09:51 PM
You can do the right thing and offer a discount of a half fee ... or you can be sneaky, go away when she does and charge full fee. My conscience has never let me do that myself but I've heard it happen!! Just don't send her a postcard ;)

Like Miffy said, parents have less scruples about getting a freebie LOL

Louise78
05-04-2012, 09:53 PM
thank you for your replies, i think i may say i will do 1 week at half fee and we will both have that week off/on holiday but any other days/week off will be full fee as i only really need/want 1 week off i think...

Bridey
05-04-2012, 09:55 PM
That sounds very reasonable to me :)

Louise78
05-04-2012, 09:57 PM
That sounds very reasonable to me :)

Thank you :-)

miffy
05-04-2012, 09:59 PM
thank you for your replies, i think i may say i will do 1 week at half fee and we will both have that week off/on holiday but any other days/week off will be full fee as i only really need/want 1 week off i think...

That sounds fine to me.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
05-04-2012, 10:23 PM
is she your only family hon? if so, tell her to just book whatever she wants. then when she's booked you have a week off - at full fee!